Newbie Alert by aldo

aldo
Hi all,

I've just bought a MG ZT+ (dunno what the + is) off eBay.

I've not got it yet, but hopefully it will be as described.

It's a 1.8 Turbo, There are lots of V6's about and pretty reasonable money too but not really sure with current fuel price climate :p

Have had a browse and some useful posts and friendly forums.

No doubt, if I do get the car I will start tinkering. I got excited as I thought it had Xenons, but it appears to be projector style Halogens :(

Cheers all

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 19:15 #1 

takestock
projector style halgens are still brilliant, especially with the right bulbs in :)

congrats on the new car, hope your a frequent visitor :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 19:17 #2 

Last edited by takestock on 08 Jul 2011, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Welcome Si. :) Enjoy your new motor.

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 19:23 #3 

Duncan
Not sure where in the country you are, but if you get the car in time, and can make it to the Midlands, we have the International Nano meet. There will be loads of people who can bore you to death with details of the car,and even worse frighten you to death with stories. However, on a serious note you could learn an awful lot about the car very quickly, and even get some help checking it over.

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 19:36 #4 

aldo
Thanks guys, I believe there are some iffy probs like head gaskets etc. I've been assured that these have been dine.

Will post back tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

I'm in north Wales btw :)

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 20:13 #5 

kandyman
Welcome along,

If your in North Wales then you should look up a member called Jules, he's a trader on here and a very good guy to go to if you need you car looking over. You can find him here member/Jules/

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 20:23 #6 

aldo
Thanks Kandyman,

Well I picked her up today.

Really clean car, had 1 owner-mature non smoker gent. Has a stack of service history, and the lovely invoice showing the head gasket done, water pump and cam belt 1000 miles ago!

I must say though, it's the 1.8 turbo, it doesn't go all that well?! I guess they are pretty heavy cars though. Getting 40mpg, is that about right?

Posted 09 Jul 2011, 23:26 #7 

JohnDotCom
Welcome to the Community, great place to be. :lol:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 10 Jul 2011, 16:56 #8 

aldo
Thanks,

I worked out the performance issue, one of the hoses had come off-I can hear the Turbo now!

Posted 10 Jul 2011, 19:43 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
We like easy fixes. :D

Posted 10 Jul 2011, 20:50 #10 

kandyman
Glad you found the problem, Let's hope it's the only one for a long time :)

The specs for you car are
1.8 T + (160ps)
0-60 in 8.2 s
Top Speed 132 mph
157 bhp

Posted 10 Jul 2011, 21:24 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The plus also means you have electrically operated rear windows.

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 11:20 #12 

aldo
Is that all the + means?! :p

It's gone in for it's MOT today. I think it will need new front pads and discs and some wiper blades. Hopefully nothing else!

Cant' wait to get her home, give her some much deserved TLC then will do a write up on here with pics :)

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 17:36 #13