Nano-meet weekend 2nd / 3rd October 2010 by raistlin (Page 2 of 11)

goodlittlewifey
do they have elecric hook up available, we,d do the camping, but most of our stuff requires electric, we,ve got a tent that can sit about 12 people very comfortable on chairs, you need to bring your own chairs, or maybe borrow some from the pub, can sit more people if needed will just be a bit more of a squash.there will be a groundsheet down, so people can also sit on the floor
Any woman that come can sit in the tent if they get fed up listening to men talking about cars, can talk, read, knit, or just sit quietly.all welcome,
weve got gas bottles so I can certainly makes cuppas as well if needed.
If anyone needs a bed for the night, please bring your own sleeping bag, and airbed,we will have a spare bedroom available, as long as you ask before this weekend, or you can just sleep in the living room area, if you dont ask beforehand, and dont mind laying on just the groundsheet, no-one will see you, we do have curtains on the windows of the tent

Tim needs someone to show him how to put the door cards back on,it keeps falling off

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 12:53 #21 

raistlin
No mains hookup :( We have one or two generators though :)

I'm sure we can sort out Tim's door card :D

Can I add you to the list?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 14:03 #22 

johnwh74
Put myself, Amy and the two boys down for Meal, camping and nano meet. Had an amazing time and well up for doing it again.

would like to get a few bits done to my car this time, Parking heater mod for starters :D

John & amy
Nottingham Forest Forever

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 14:05 #23 

raistlin
stevemac wrote:In that case count me in :D although being a bit of a wuss it will have to be the hotel :sleep:

OP edited :D
Paul

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 14:06 #24 

raistlin
johnwh74 wrote:Put myself, Amy and the two boys down for Meal, camping and nano meet. Had an amazing time and well up for doing it again.

would like to get a few bits done to my car this time, Parking heater mod for starters :D

John & amy

On the list :)

Parking heater mod? Do you mean fit a heater or make it operate remotely please John? :confused:
Paul

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 14:11 #25 

goodlittlewifey
yes please, add Tim and I to the list
if theres a generator it would be handy, as we need electric for our airbed, its too big to blow up by mouth, will generators be there on the saturday night,
we normally take a fan heater, cos little old me gets cold, but we,ll just use our gas cooker for heat, and Im sure we,ve got a gas camping light somewhere instead of taking our plug in camping table lamp, and weve got a kettle that will go on gas stove, as well as our camping kettle, so we,ll just take that instead of plug in kettle, so we,re sorted as long as theres a genny there on the Saturday to blow bed up

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 14:13 #26 

Last edited by goodlittlewifey on 04 Sep 2010, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

raistlin
goodlittlewifey wrote:yes please, add Tim and I to the list

Will do Heather. Thanks for the offer of accommodation as well :)
Paul

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 14:17 #27 

johnwh74
raistlin wrote:
johnwh74 wrote:Put myself, Amy and the two boys down for Meal, camping and nano meet. Had an amazing time and well up for doing it again.

John & amy

On the list :)

Parking heater mod? Do you mean fit a heater or make it operate remotely please John? :confused:

I have the heater already fitted as standard so just want to make it operate remotly if possible please :D

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 14:24 #28 

raistlin
johnwh74 wrote:I have the heater already fitted as standard so just want to make it operate remotly if possible please :D

We can do that John, no problem. :D

You will need to obtain the appropriate module from Thinktank electronics depending on the type number of your heater (as per my how-to) and also a remote control transmitter / receiver combo. I strongly recommend those from Quasar electronics.

Please can you confirm that the heater works properly at the moment?

If you have any questions about what to get, just give me a shout. You won't need any wiring, connectors, crimps etc. I'll take care of that for you. :)
Paul

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 14:33 #29 

johnwh74
raistlin wrote:
johnwh74 wrote:I have the heater already fitted as standard so just want to make it operate remotly if possible please :D

We can do that John, no problem. :D

You will need to obtain the appropriate module from Thinktank electronics depending on the type number of your heater (as per my how-to) and also a remote control transmitter / receiver combo. I strongly recommend those from Quasar electronics.

Please can you confirm that the heater works properly at the moment?

If you have any questions about what to get, just give me a shout. You won't need any wiring, connectors, crimps etc. I'll take care of that for you. :)

Fantastic, Just had a look at your "how to", fantastic but a little over my capabilities i think :gmc:
What i will do is pop to that awesome mechanic that has looked after me in the past by the name of Andy Willi of A & L automotive and ask him to have a look and make sure everything is working as it should be.

Just had a look on Quasar electronics and its just confused me even more. Would you have the part numbers for the transmitter that i need? And maybe the one for the module as well??

Thanks for your help, much appreciated :D

John

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 14:46 #30 

raistlin
OK John,

Firstly, you need to identify which heater type you have. They broadly fall into "early" and "late" but you need to be precise. The type number will be on a label attached to the heater and will be one of two numbers, as per the first page of my "how-to"

If you have the 66232C you need a TYPE A module For the 98570B you need a TYPE B module. Once you tell me which type you have, I'll point you to the appropriate module at Thinktank.

As far as the remote combo from Quasar, let me know how many channels you need (thinking of future mods) and I'll point you to the right one as well.

Hope that will help :)

The test for the FBH (Fuel burning heater.) is simply applying either 12 volts or earth (depending on type) to a terminal on the heater and making sure it runs up and heats properly. If Andy is not sure, I can let him know, but from what I've heard, he'll already know exactly what to do :)
Paul

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 14:52 #31 

johnwh74
raistlin wrote:OK John,

Firstly, you need to identify which heater type you have. They broadly fall into "early" and "late" but you need to be precise. The type number will be on a label attached to the heater and will be one of two numbers, as per the first page of my "how-to"

If you have the 66232C you need a TYPE A module For the 98570B you need a TYPE B module. Once you tell me which type you have, I'll point you to the appropriate module at Thinktank.

As far as the remote combo from Quasar, let me know how many channels you need (thinking of future mods) and I'll point you to the right one as well.

Hope that will help :)

The test for the FBH is simply applying either 12 volts or earth (depending on type) to a terminal on the heater and making sure it runs up and heats properly. If Andy is not sure, I can let him know, but from what I've heard, he'll already know exactly what to do :)

hi Raistlin

Just been out and had a look, on the right hand side of the unit it says Webasto 98570b. the unit is still warm at the moment so i am guessing its been doing something.

What other mods require remote controls? Maybe handy for future reference and dictate which remote i may as well purchase :D

Thanks again :D

john

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 15:01 #32 

raistlin
John, I'll PM you so that the thread can get back on topic :)
Paul

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 15:05 #33 

JohnDotCom
I am very sorry that I will miss this one to....won't be in UK again. :( :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 16:22 #34 

raistlin
JohnDotCom wrote:I am very sorry that I will miss this one to....won't be in UK again. :( :gmc:

I thought that was to be late October?
Paul

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 16:35 #35 

JohnDotCom
Sorry Paul (and everyone) away last week in October and September 25th - October 3rd.
Dates just aren't falling in place for me at the moment.
Still......plenty more meets to come. :gmc:

Still hoping for Community Picnic, but cannot confirm till later this week. :em:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 17:08 #36 

Duncan
Count me in too. Things may crop up, but I'll try my best to keep it available. Have also asked OH, and we will probably come for the meal, though come back home. She seems a bit worried we will only talk about cars, but I'm sure the conversation will be more than that...

Would be good to do something on one of my cars this time. Probably bring the tourer and do some front end stuff, though I have plenty of other jobs too.

Would also be good if myself and David (Monk) can get a break from cars to discuss and investigate some other T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) features...

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 17:16 #37 

JakeWilson
Moving house that weekend! :cry:

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 17:40 #38 

hodgy
Can you add me please :thumbsup:
Just the meet at the moment but could change to Hotel and meal.
H/brake adjustment weather depending :hail:
Best Regards

Alan

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 18:01 #39 

raistlin
OP adjusted :)
Paul

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 18:45 #40