MS Excel Question by Borg Warner

Borg Warner
I have a spreadsheet with a number of sheets in it, I use it to to track household expenditure. I would like to use a "total" sheet so as to display individual item expenditure over a set period. So values would be displayed thus: C3=£40, C4=£75 and C5=£110, whilst the payee would be showing D3=Telephone, D4=Petrol ZT and D5=Utility. This varies from sheet to sheet and C3/D3 may be C5/D5 the following month etc., so the total sheet needs to read this difference. I recall being able to do this, but can't for the life of me remember how. I also seem to remember there's a guru on here who can remind me, but again I can't remember who it is?

So would the guru point me in the right direction please?

TIA

Gary M.

Posted 03 Aug 2015, 20:44 #1 

PaulT
Sorry, trying to forget Excel.

However, can recommend this software, cheap, very usable and you can analyse to the nth degree.

http://www.ezpzsoftware.co.uk/ezpzhome.html
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 04 Aug 2015, 10:31 #2 

Mad-Monkey
If its just a basic copy of a total on another sheet, simply select the cell you want the total in then = navigate straight to sheet and click correct cell and press enter.

Posted 04 Aug 2015, 11:44 #3 

Mad-Monkey
If its not a copy but a formula you can still do it be selecting the correct cell tonbe displayed pressing = and then navigating to the correct sheet and doing the formula as normal. Pressing enter will then populate the cell on the first sheet.

Posted 04 Aug 2015, 11:46 #4 

Borg Warner
Thank you, will give both a try.

Gary M.

Posted 04 Aug 2015, 12:03 #5 

Dave
Borg Warner wrote:I also seem to remember there's a guru on here who can remind me, but again I can't remember who it is?

TIA

Gary M.

I've helped with Excelly stuff on here (and the Enthusiasts) before, so the guru in question could be me, unless someone else wants to take the title?! ;)

Anyway, David's (Mad-Monkey's) suggestions would seem to fit the bill, but if you are still struggling, please feel free to send me a copy of said spreadsheet and I'll happily make it do what you want :)

Posted 04 Aug 2015, 13:51 #6 

Borg Warner
Dave wrote:
Borg Warner wrote:I also seem to remember there's a guru on here who can remind me, but again I can't remember who it is?

TIA

Gary M.

I've helped with Excelly stuff on here (and the Enthusiasts) before, so the guru in question could be me, unless someone else wants to take the title?! ;)

Anyway, David's (Mad-Monkey's) suggestions would seem to fit the bill, but if you are still struggling, please feel free to send me a copy of said spreadsheet and I'll happily make it do what you want :)

Cheers Dave.

Gary M.

Posted 04 Aug 2015, 19:35 #7