Mot time by MN190

MN190
Car went in for its Mot today
The bad news it failed on one of the ball joints
The good news the garage are replacing FOC under warranty as its the one they fitted for the last Mot

I'm claiming it as a pass as no cost to me

Posted 08 Jan 2016, 18:19 #1 

Gren 24
Good news about not having to pay for the replacement,and if that's all they found wrong.Well done.its always good to hear one as passed

Posted 08 Jan 2016, 21:25 #2 

Borg Warner
Good news. Apparently if your vehicle fails its MOT prior to the old one running out it invalidates the current MOT?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=234704

A very contentious subject!!! I've not been able to find anything to directly showing this though although I don't think it actually new as such?

Gary M.

Posted 09 Jan 2016, 08:59 #3 

Trebor
" The good news the garage are replacing FOC under warranty as its the one they fitted for the last Mot "

Sounds like a decent garage to me, they could have easily said it was the other side and charged you.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 09 Jan 2016, 10:06 #4 

Devilish
Trebor wrote:" The good news the garage are replacing FOC under warranty as its the one they fitted for the last Mot "

Sounds like a decent garage to me, they could have easily said it was the other side and charged you.

FOC is good considering the part did not have a labour warranty, unless it was a Mickey Mouse joint that was creamed.
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Posted 10 Jan 2016, 06:34 #5 

PaulT
Borg Warner wrote:Good news. Apparently if your vehicle fails its MOT prior to the old one running out it invalidates the current MOT?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=234704

A very contentious subject!!! I've not been able to find anything to directly showing this though although I don't think it actually new as such?

Gary M.

That has always seemed logical to me. Perhaps the most important thing is the clause in the Insurance that states something like 'kept in a roadworthy condition at all times' - now a garage has said it is not so that must invalidate the insurance.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 10 Jan 2016, 08:57 #6 

MN190
Devilish wrote:
Trebor wrote:" The good news the garage are replacing FOC under warranty as its the one they fitted for the last Mot "

FOC is good considering the part did not have a labour warranty, unless it was a Mickey Mouse joint that was creamed.

I don't know if it has a labour warranty or not, or the quality of the part used as they supplied and fitted it.
I didn't have to ask or push as they stated to me straight away that it had failed, was under warranty and would be replaced FOC

They know I do the oil changes and some of the repairs, depending on the work required
Sometimes I supply the parts and they fit them and I know that if they fail I would have to pay for them to be replaced and I would then need to resolve with the parts supplier.

I have used this garage for a long time as I have always found them to be fair and honest.

Posted 10 Jan 2016, 10:15 #7