Miss Fire Judder and Engine Management Light comes flashes by themanager52

themanager52
I have seen a lot of posts and have been searching the internet for some answers –
My 2003 1.8 Turbo 75 has had a few issues recently –
1. Turbo pipe came off – easy fix cable tie and refitted pipe – it had been miss firing badly and in fact totally destroyed my inlet manifold on acceleration the other week (good old girl still got me home for the last 26 miles though) – pictures attached. Fitted a good one and uprated gasket from Rimmer Bros.
2. The issue that I am facing is that from time to time now the engine management light flashes for a short time then goes out and off the car goes again like a rocket.
• Changed spark plugs
• Cleaned and refitted HT Leads to ensure a good connection
• Could it be the lambda sensor on the turbo (OEM replacement available from Rimmer Bros)
• Could it be that I need new coil packs and new HT leads (OEM replacements are available from Rimmer Bros)
• If I am looking in the wrong area or if anyone has any pointers that would be wonderful.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 13 Mar 2014, 08:22 #1 

WillyHeckaslike
The misfire looks to be on cylinders 3 and 4 from the damage to the inlet manifold. It could be something as simple as the HT leads touching and causing a bit of cross firing. I would remove the spark plug cover and check the HT leads where they run close together over the coil pack on number 3 cylinder.

Posted 06 Jul 2014, 21:24 #2