Midlands Olympic Torch Meet - Saturday 30 June by Trebor

Trebor
Please note that for security reasons on the day the Police will be closing all roads that adjoin the main route of the torch. As the torch is travelling along the A34 which runs past the bottom of Long Lane this means that from 10am both the A34 and Long Lane will be sealed off and closed until 12.30pm.

So for those coming to this meet you must be there before 10am otherwise you will be refused entry into Long Lane, so rather than risk being turned away please aim to get there by 9.30am - 9.45am ( or earlier if you wish ) if possible please.

You can enter Long Lane from either direction ie either the A34 or from the top end the B4210, but it will probably be better to access via the B4210

The torch is expected to pass along the A34 at approx 11.43 am and the roads expected to reopen approx 12.30 pm so if you cannot get there before 10am but still want to attend you can get access again after 12.30 if you want to come a bit later

There is plenty of room if anyone else still wants to attend, the newly built club will be open all day for refreshments and licensed bar, or bring a picnic, there will be a fun fair, stalls, rides for the kids etc so should be a family occasion

When we had the last Midland Nano meet at the Teddybears nursery a few weeks ago, I was approached about an event that is happening there on Sat 30 June - time to be confirmed.

The olympic torch is passing through the area near to the nursery and there will be a family event in the grounds, bouncy castle, clubhouse and bar open etc.

This will not be a nano meet so no doors off or wiring looms on the floor etc, just showing the cars and flying the flags.

If anyone is interested please put your names down and i will update the list, all are welcome

Attending:

Trebor
Raistlin ( possible )
Rover 418275
James
Starbug 2 ( possible )
Duncan
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 Mar 2012, 11:43 #1 

Last edited by Trebor on 21 Jun 2012, 08:32, edited 8 times in total.

starbug2
I'll look at what we have going on?

Posted 27 Mar 2012, 15:49 #2 

raistlin
Provisionally Rob, if I can swap some obligations around.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 27 Mar 2012, 15:58 #3 

Bermudan 75
I'll come along,any chance that I could use my hammer and chisel to 'mod' the Torch?

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 08:55 #4 

Trebor
that would be a great mod Mike, open the centre cubby and out pops the olympic torch, they cost £500 each apparently
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 11:40 #5 

James.uk
nah, the torch would fire up the air con and the fan wont work... lol.. :D

I will endeavor to get to said meeting... innit.. :)

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 16:52 #6 

Duncan
Is it too late to 'put our names down' for this?

Posted 18 May 2012, 18:19 #7 

Trebor
Of course not Duncan name added at post 1 , bring the bear but forget the tent and tools !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 18 May 2012, 19:22 #8 

Bermudan 75
Does forget the tent apply to me as well? :lol:

Posted 18 May 2012, 21:12 #9 

Trebor
Unless you are planning to sleep in a field with no one else there yes Mike
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 18 May 2012, 22:15 #10 

Trebor
A quick bump for this event, Olympic torch passing nearby, club open all day for refreshments , rides for the kids, bouncy castle.

I have been told that all cars will need to be there by 9.30am as the road is being closed off but if this causes anyone a problem let me know and I will make arrangements to let you through the top of Long Lane by arrangement

This is not a nano meet just a get together with plenty of flag waving
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 26 May 2012, 19:57 #11 

Trebor
Please note that for security reasons on the day the Police will be closing all roads that adjoin the main route of the torch. As the torch is travelling along the A34 which runs past the bottom of Long Lane this means that from 10am both the A34 and Long Lane will be sealed off and closed until 12.30pm.

So for those coming to this meet you must be there before 10am otherwise you will be refused entry into Long Lane, so rather than risk being turned away please aim to get there by 9.30am - 9.45am ( or earlier if you wish ) if possible please.

You can enter Long Lane from either direction ie either the A34 or from the top end the B4210, but it will probably be better to access via the B4210

The torch is expected to pass along the A34 at approx 11.43 am and the roads expected to reopen approx 12.30 pm so if you cannot get there before 10am but still want to attend you can get access again after 12.30 if you want to come a bit later

There is plenty of room if anyone else still wants to attend, the newly built club will be open all day for refreshments and licensed bar, or bring a picnic, there will be a fun fair, stalls, rides for the kids etc so should be a family occasion
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 07:48 #12 

starbug2
i plan to be there (subject to bev's dad issues)

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 19:15 #13 

Duncan
Still planning on being there, though I doubt we'll stay all day if that's not a problem. Be nice to see people again!

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 19:17 #14 

Trebor
Hope you can make it Stephen and Duncan stay as long or as short as you like you will still be most welcome but if you arrive early just remember you cant leave until the road reopens
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 20:34 #15 

Trebor
Bump any more for any more or just turn up on the day !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 26 Jun 2012, 20:39 #16 

Duncan
Just got to decide which car to bring. Will anyone with an F / TF be there? Mary would like to try sitting in one as she's thinking of getting one.

Posted 26 Jun 2012, 21:38 #17 

Trebor
Duncan mine will be just across the road, cant bring it over as it is currently sorn as i have the ZT on the road instead but you are welcome to take a look and sit in it start it up etc
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 07:59 #18 

Duncan
Apologies! We went to do the shopping this afternoon so we could come. Typically, the alternator failed so I had to turn round and come home. So now my weekend will be spent replacing the alternator instead of coming to this. And it's the diesel too just to add insult to injury!

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 16:45 #19 

Trebor
thats bad news Duncan hope you get it fixed, for anyone else its tomorrow room for plenty more on top !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 17:37 #20