Midlands Nano Meet weekend of 3rd/4th May 2014 by Trebor (Page 2 of 2)

Bermudan 75
Another great weekend, must remember some sun cream for the next one, my neck is a little sore today :-o . The new pub landlord, Jeff, was marvellous, he and his staff kept the beer flowing and the food coming.

Nice to see new faces and some of the old guard back on the scene. Thanks to Paul and Rob (Woolleysox) for the loan of their tools, Les for helping to replace my skull caps with bullits and change the door cards. Duncan and Paul could be on their way to solving the mystery of the non-locking doors, to be concluded at the next meet. I changed my pollen filter and thought I might get away with not losing blood, no such luck. Had to free up my rear windscreen wiper spindle for the second time, Paul has kindly offered to source a spare for me. I was quite impressed with the set up Les has in his car with the rear view mirror doubling up as a front and rear camera monitor.

Rob (Trebor) deserves a big thank you for putting so much effort into the weekend to make it the success it was, he even managed to outdo the Forties event by getting a Hurricane to fly over. He did mention that it might be the Vulcan next time.....

Cheers

Mike

Posted 05 May 2014, 21:31 #21 

Trebor
Thanks for the kind comments Mike, and here is a preview for you from Welshpool Air Show 2013

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 06 May 2014, 18:54 #22 

Arctic
(Trader)
Well first meet at the Four Ashes under new management went really well :thumbsup: nice to see lots of new members getting stuck in and sorting out there own cars after being shown quickly what needed to be done.

Richard you were really into it few inline stats sorted, Mike got his oil pressure problem sorted as well as other items :clap: T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) Guys Duncan/David also Paul seemed as busy as ever :) Thanks to Lyndon for taking some pressure off me with door inner handles, :cheers: hope you can forgive me :lol: ;) Woolley did us proud as usual with a great display of flags and nano items etc :thumbsup: Rob (trebor did some sterling work on Woolley's lights mine next please but they will be off the car ;) also great job of organising you also managed to dodge the lady Sargent Major :lol: but a big thank to everyone for making it a great meet as always.

Just one moan in that I repaired and had some unused new inner door handles in a bucket for members/rover owners to swap over if theirs were damage, and to put your old ones back in the bucket it seems now that I have had chance to check that 12 were in the bucket but only 7 returned :mad1: why doe's this happen ? when we are all trying to help each other, maybe they will reappear at the next meet if not I may have to start to lock the swap items in my car and members will have to ask for said items etc hopefully not.

See you at the next one Arctic.

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 07 May 2014, 22:11 #23