Midlands Nano Meet Sunday 21 October by Trebor (Page 1 of 5)

Trebor
Well guys its the last one of the year and will be held at the Teddybears venue, we will have a catering van on site doing hot drinks and food, so come on get your names down and lets end this year on a bang, please put your names down on the Nano website via the link below on the Nano forum page if you are able to attend
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 22 Sep 2012, 19:09 #1 

raistlin
Bit of a disaster I'm afraid.

The catering vehicle is no longer able to attend. I've got a lead on another which is far from definite so if anybody has any contacts, we could do with the help :)

Thanks
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 Sep 2012, 19:28 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Can always revert to BBQ and Ernie.

Posted 26 Sep 2012, 19:58 #3 

Mad-Monkey
Ernie will be glad of the outing if its needed as its collecting dust, or is there a nano urn now? I can't remember!

Posted 26 Sep 2012, 22:23 #4 

Trebor
I think Lyndon might have one i will find out and report back David but dust it off just in case
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 10:26 #5 

Last edited by Trebor on 27 Sep 2012, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.

Wolves 75
I still have the Nano Urn, and it will be present :) :)

Posted 27 Sep 2012, 11:58 #6 

Arctic
(Trader)
i will provide some cakes and biscuits for the :tea: it will all work out fine and a nice bit of October sunshine will be with us. :thumbsup:

At the same time At the nano meet on Sunday 21st there will be a minimum of five handbrake mods being fitted by me so i can try and have a chat to other members and maybe do some other little jobs such as plenums, maybe the leaf collector mod ETC.

I will start the first HBM at 10.30am and so though out the day if you are attending and would like to be included in the five please pm me at the moment one place as been booked see below for the times cheers Arctic.

Minimum Handbrake Mods FIve

Name-------------time------------forum name
Tony-------------10.30-----------Tonybel
Jim---------------11.30-----------T2Bob
Stuart------------12.30-----------Stubbie
Phil---------------13.30-----------PClarke82
------------------14.30-----------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 03 Oct 2012, 21:42 #7 

Last edited by Arctic on 11 Oct 2012, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

raistlin
Hi all,

We've been let down good and proper by the mobile caterer.

Mick has agreed to run a BBQ for us, and Rob and I will arrange the raw materials (food).

BUT - we need a BBQ please. Can anybody provide us with one for the day?
Paul

Posted 04 Oct 2012, 15:54 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I've only got a small ancient portable that runs on charcoal, it won't cope with the numbers. :(

Posted 04 Oct 2012, 17:31 #9 

Trebor
The gas one i have and used last time is not suitable because it will catch fire as it did last time we used it and that is because when i bought it i made the mistake of buying one without lava rocks between the cooking grill and the burners so what happens is the fat drops onto the burners and continues to burn and if you are cooking for a lot of people there is more fat and it catches fire. The lava rocks dissipate the fat and there is much less chance of it continuing to burn and catching fire.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 04 Oct 2012, 18:07 #10 

kandyman
What you need is a hog roast ;)

Posted 04 Oct 2012, 18:07 #11 

raistlin
Oh well, nobody has a suitable barbecue it seems :(

Does anybody have access to at least 24 house bricks please?

Mick has said that he can bring his barbecue irons if we can come up with some bricks for support.
Paul

Posted 09 Oct 2012, 18:09 #12 

Bermudan 75
Have a pile lying around, will confirm tomorrow.

Posted 09 Oct 2012, 20:48 #13 

Bermudan 75

Posted 09 Oct 2012, 20:53 #14 

Mick
(Site Admin)
That's a lot of money to be spending on a one off hire Mike. Just bring as many bricks as you can manage and I'll bring a few as well as the ironmongery. I'll check my setup tomorrow and work out the optimum number required. Perhaps we can stash them after the event in a convenient corner of the site for use another time, rather than drag them all the way back again.

Posted 09 Oct 2012, 21:45 #15 

Duncan
B&Q have cheap charcoal ones. £10 for a trolley / rectangular one. Disposable at that price.

Posted 10 Oct 2012, 07:11 #16 

Bermudan 75
I have plenty of bricks, just let me know how many we need.

ps told her indoors that the new hole in the wall is for a window :-D

Posted 10 Oct 2012, 12:07 #17 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Rover418275 wrote:I have plenty of bricks, just let me know how many we need.

ps told her indoors that the new hole in the wall is for a window :-D

Thanks Mike, you have a PM. :)

Posted 10 Oct 2012, 13:39 #18 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Duncan wrote:B&Q have cheap charcoal ones. £10 for a trolley / rectangular one. Disposable at that price.

Good idea Duncan but, the cooking area is pretty small and we have thirty plus people to cater for. I have portable of similar size so I really do know what I'm on about.
Between Mike and I we can sort something that will do the lot at once, at no cost apart from a bit of elbow grease. :)

Posted 10 Oct 2012, 13:45 #19 

Trebor
Ok guys a big thanks to Mick and Mike for coming to the rescue and sorting out a home made BBQ for the meet.

I will buy the usual supply of burgers, sausages, onions, sauce etc to cater for everyone attending and will just ask for a contribution on the day dropped in the " honesty box " to recover my expenses, when i get the food and know what the total bill is i will have a better idea of how much it will cost each but not likely to be more than £5 and for that you will get BBQ food and an unlimited supply of hot drinks on the day
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 10 Oct 2012, 17:16 #20