Midlands Nano Meet Sunday 21 October by Trebor (Page 4 of 5)

raistlin
Duncan wrote:Blow torch isn't as good, I tried it before the hot air gun. See, the flame is burned gases (no oxygen left) where a hot air gun is air. Think of the way a blacksmiths forge works with the bellows.

Good point - I'll chuck the hot-air gun in the car tomorrow morning :) How about the thermic lance ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 19:04 #61 

Merl
Paul trust you to think of a themic lance.... well either bring that or a plasma cutter?
Martin

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 19:15 #62 

Trebor
Like i said who needs a BBQ, youre on the cooking Paul if you bring one

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 19:25 #63 

Jürgen
Have a great time! :)

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 20:47 #64 

Trebor
Jürgen wrote:Have a great time! :)

Thanks Jürgen we will i am sure, hope you are well
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 20:53 #65 

Jürgen
Thanks, Rob, hope you're well, too.
I'll be on the way to Munich tomorrow, so I won't drop in this time. Although the BBQ is tempting ... ;)

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 21:07 #66 

Trebor
Are you still in between jobs Jürgen ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 21:11 #67 

Jürgen
I haven't changed my job yet. On Monday I'll start a training course to upgrade some of my skills.

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 21:59 #68 

raistlin
Good luck with the course Jürgen :)
Paul

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 22:11 #69 

Bermudan 75
Lance? is there a medieval theme to this meet? if so should I bring THE TENT? :lol:

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 23:56 #70 

Trebor
You may as well Mike, there will be at least one member of the round table there so maybe some jousting as the entertainment !

Good luck with that course Jürgen
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 21 Oct 2012, 06:53 #71 

Arctic
(Trader)
Wolves 75 wrote:I will leave the BBQ boxed up and we can build it in the morning, so far bringing gazebo, tea urn, BBQ, Genny, may need bigger trailer :)

Lyndon people take less in a van when moving house ;) savoury of the day now we can all go to work on an egg :lol: oh and bacon sausages burgers beans toms i feel like i am going to B&Q and Sainsburys not a car meet :thumbsup: well done that man Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 21 Oct 2012, 07:42 #72 

Merl
When I go camping for the weekend my 75 gets filled up including rear seats and passenger seat! Admittedly some of it's lazy packing but you bed to make provision when you just have to chuck it in when it's chucking it down when you pack up on the Sunday.

I'm on the way! Well at asda waiting for Mike who is running about 10 mins late... Admittedly we should have met at 9 but he rearranged at 8.40 lol

Just as well I got here early as they are queuing at the pumps now!!
Martin

Posted 21 Oct 2012, 08:32 #73 

Trebor
Sorry to those of you who coudnt make it you missed a good un !

It was a great day after the foggy start, my pictures are on the Nano website via the link in my signature below, select " Last meet 21-10-12 " There is even one of Mick smiling, as I caught him off guard !

A few taster pictures below and a massive thanks to everyone who came especially those who travelled great distances to get there, and a special thanks to Mick who was chef for the day much appreciated.

Also thanks to everybody who contributed to the food kitty, I recouped my outlay of £135 as the total was £157 and the balance will be carried over to the next one

We had a first look at Merl's fabricated Mk1 Premium bumper on his V8 and a Nano first with conversion of skullcap mirrors to powerfolds on Micks (Wide Load ) tourer !

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 21 Oct 2012, 19:15 #74 

Last edited by Trebor on 21 Oct 2012, 19:28, edited 3 times in total.

raistlin
What a hell of a day to finish the year's events.

Who would have bargained on a sunny day and a successful BBQ at the end of October?

It seems that a lot of work was done again today with Steve (Arctic) being his usual dynamic self. One or two surprise faces as well.

There were at least two MG-R milk-floats there today, but all the doors seemed to have gone back in the right places eventually.

David's touch-screen computer was a major hit with me and Duncan for T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) operations and the hunt is on to find another suitable device.

Good to see the nano-meet "can do" spirit in evidence today, what with one car that had a missing powerfold loom and another that had a recalcitrant door check-strap. All solved in the end by sheer persistence.

We have also proved that a COMPLETE Ultimate Remote installation can be done in a single day, although some of us had our doubts earlier today :lol:

The fireworks at the end just capped the day nicely. Thanks to Rob for the organization and to Mick for the well timed and plentiful supply of hot food. Not forgetting the Tardis-like trailer attached to Lyndon's car with the sheer amount of stuff that he ferries to the meets.

Sorry we didn't get the new BBQ on the T4 but it didn't seem to have any problems ;)

Just one question - why was everybody wearing coats and in some cases gloves? :lol:

Hopefully the nano-meeters will be having a get together at Four Ashes in the near future to plan next year's events.
Paul

Posted 21 Oct 2012, 19:20 #75 

Duncan
Have to agree, another fun day. Shame there are no more this year, but here's to next years calendar. Good to see some old faces, and meet some new ones. But best of all, I played with some peoples cars again. I still wonder why people don't worry when I start ripping their cars to pieces!

Posted 21 Oct 2012, 19:20 #76 

Duncan
raistlin wrote:Just one question - why was everybody wearing coats and in some cases gloves? :lol:

Paul. Some people have less naturally ocuuring insulation than you and I.

PS, I was asked again if we were brothers!

Posted 21 Oct 2012, 19:22 #77 

raistlin
Duncan wrote: PS, I was asked again if we were brothers!

Should've gone to specsavers :lol:
Paul

Posted 21 Oct 2012, 19:26 #78 

Merl
Was a great day :D

Special thanks to Steve aka Artic and unknown helper (sorry didn't get your name abdomen useless at remembering) for sorting out my handbrake :D

Rob for getting the food and glad you made the money :D also for taking great pictures! Will let it slide you tried blowing Mick and the rest of us up with the dodgy install of the gas cylinder ;)

Mick for cooking :D

And everyone else for making the day enjoyable.

Oh and can't forget jinx's first nano!!

Full thread on mk1 premium bumper mod to follow soon!
Martin

Posted 21 Oct 2012, 19:26 #79 

Trebor
Should keep me well away from gas canisters, i tried to throw 2 on the the fire at the last Ashes nano that were in a bag of rubbish, that would have provided better fireworks if Lyndon hadnt taken them off the fire
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 21 Oct 2012, 19:33 #80