Midlands Nano Meet Sunday 21 October by Trebor (Page 3 of 5)

Trebor
thanks Mick by the time we get going you will be there but maybe we will light the coal as it takes a while to be ready for cooking
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 15 Oct 2012, 19:07 #41 

raistlin
Wolves 75 wrote:I will leave the BBQ boxed up and we can build it in the morning, so far bringing gazebo, tea urn, BBQ, Genny, may need bigger trailer :)

Do you want me to pick up anything from your house Lyndon?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Oct 2012, 19:39 #42 

Wolves 75
Nah its cool. but cheers Paul, as long as the genny gets in the trailer and not in me car all is cool :)

Posted 15 Oct 2012, 19:45 #43 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Trebor wrote:thanks Mick by the time we get going you will be there but maybe we will light the coal as it takes a while to be ready for cooking

Need to burn off new metalwork to remove contaminants anyway.

Posted 15 Oct 2012, 20:45 #44 

Trebor
I normally use a clay bar to get rid of contaminants but probably no use on this occasion !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 15 Oct 2012, 22:55 #45 

Merl
Trebor wrote:I normally use a clay bar to get rid of contaminants but probably no use on this occasion !

Probably like burning off your contaminants wouldn't be any use either ;) now if it was a bmw we might get a few volunteers to burn it off ;)
Martin

Posted 16 Oct 2012, 19:30 #46 

Trebor
Weather forecast for Sunday is dry, some sunshine and chance of rain after 4pm, so we will be ok.

I will be going to get the food tomorrow so if you are coming but dont have your name down please say so as it helps me cater for the right numbers, plus if your name is down and you cant make it now please also say

Merl , camera is at the ready !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 18 Oct 2012, 18:32 #47 

Duncan
Looking forward to it! I'll try to remember to bring my hot air gun for lighting the barbie. It gets the thing ready much quicker.

Posted 19 Oct 2012, 17:57 #48 

Merl
Trebor wrote:Weather forecast for Sunday is dry, some sunshine and chance of rain after 4pm, so we will be ok.

I will be going to get the food tomorrow so if you are coming but dont have your name down please say so as it helps me cater for the right numbers, plus if your name is down and you cant make it now please also say

Merl , camera is at the ready !

I'm going to have to try and find time to clean my car....
Martin

Posted 19 Oct 2012, 22:28 #49 

Bermudan 75
Forecast on BBC red button thingy shows that we should expect a nice day.

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 08:59 #50 

Trebor
I have just spent £130 + getting all the supplies for tomorrow which includes:

Tea
Coffee
Milk
Sugar
Biscuits
Cakes
Burgers
Sausages
Burger Buns
Finger Rolls
Red Sauce
Brown Sauce
Onions
Cheese Slices
BBQ Briquettes and Charcoal
Firelighters and matches

With approx 30 cars expected and no doubt a few who will have changed plans who might not make it, i am looking for £5 each to get my money back, for that you will get:

Unlimited supply of tea/coffee
Biscuits/Cakes
Sausage bap/hot dog ( aimed at breakfast/ morning )
Burgers/ Cheesburgers/with or without onions ( aimed at lunch/ early afternoon )

There are more than enough sausages/ burgers so the very hungry will no doubt get seconds if you want them

There will be the usual honesty box on the table for your contributions and should there be any surplus it will first be given towards fuel for the guys who bring the gennies, and secondly donated to a good cause, there will be no profit element at all for me I can assure you.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow, latest weather forecast is for some fog early morning about 9am followed by clear and sunny spells all day and no rain !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 10:05 #51 

raistlin
Cheers Rob.

Trebor wrote: there will be no profit element at all for me I can assure you.

What a shame that there should be need for you to put that into words Rob :mad1:

What time are you opening the gate?
Paul

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 11:05 #52 

Trebor
around 9.30 Paul
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 11:08 #53 

Suffolk Man
sounds good to me looking forward to meeting folks tomorrow after the long blast up from deepest suffolk.must put that gear knob in the car now b4 i forget

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 11:17 #54 

raistlin
Trebor wrote:around 9.30 Paul

I've got my blow-torch in the car to assist in getting the BBQ going if required Rob.
Paul

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 11:36 #55 

Merl
Hmm we have gone from heat gun to blow torch... who has the flame thrower? :twisted:
Martin

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 12:42 #56 

raistlin
Merl wrote:Hmm we have gone from heat gun to blow torch... who has the flame thrower? :twisted:

If a job's worth doing... :lol: Thermic lance anyone?
Paul

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 12:53 #57 

Trebor
raistlin wrote:
Merl wrote:Hmm we have gone from heat gun to blow torch... who has the flame thrower? :twisted:

If a job's worth doing... :lol: Thermic lance anyone?

Who needs a BBQ now with all this extra energy, not to mention all the hot air coming from the regulars ! ( yes that includes me )
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 17:26 #58 

Duncan
Blow torch isn't as good, I tried it before the hot air gun. See, the flame is burned gases (no oxygen left) where a hot air gun is air. Think of the way a blacksmiths forge works with the bellows.

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 18:37 #59 

JakeWilson
Have a great one chaps. It's second replacement engine fitting day tomorrow so sadly can't make it!

Posted 20 Oct 2012, 18:46 #60