Midlands Nano Meet Sat 21 & Sun 22 July by Trebor (Page 3 of 4)

Bermudan 75
Merl wrote:
Rover418275 wrote:A good possibility.........

Mick let me know if you are and we can convoy up as well if you want.

Disclaimer: If it is raining or has been hammering it down I might not be camping!

Hi Martin,

When were you thinking of going down?

I am working in Stafford tomorrow so will more than likely go straight to Four Ashes about 5-6pm.

Mike

Posted 19 Jul 2012, 20:44 #41 

Jürgen
Have a good time!
See you in September. :)

Posted 19 Jul 2012, 20:46 #42 

Trebor
Thanks Jürgen and dont forget that crane !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 19 Jul 2012, 22:04 #43 

Jürgen
I hope the weekend will be dry, Rob. Too much rain lately. :-?

And the crane? But of course! :mrgreen:

Posted 19 Jul 2012, 22:15 #44 

Bermudan 75
ello ello Jürgen & Rob speaking in riddles...... :scared:

Posted 19 Jul 2012, 22:24 #45 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The weather is set fair for the whole weekend, Sunday perhaps being the most pleasant.
Crane notwithstanding. ;)

Posted 19 Jul 2012, 22:30 #46 

Jürgen
'ello Mike! Well, it isn't a proper crane, but it's a useful tool ... :ugeek:

Posted 19 Jul 2012, 22:34 #47 

Merl
Rover418275 wrote:
Merl wrote:
Rover418275 wrote:A good possibility.........

Mick let me know if you are and we can convoy up as well if you want.

Disclaimer: If it is raining or has been hammering it down I might not be camping!

Hi Martin,

When were you thinking of going down?

I am working in Stafford tomorrow so will more than likely go straight to Four Ashes about 5-6pm.

Mike

Would be after work so aim to get there around 7 ish or so depending on traffic and packing car up. Will pm you my mobile.
Martin

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 07:54 #48 

Trebor
Final final bump for food orders.

I have checked 3 different weather forecasts for the weekend, BBC , Met Office and Met check, the first 2 have no rain at all from Friday to Sunday, and the other has a few sunny showers on Saturday only, so the weather order has been filled , see you all at the meet
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 10:23 #49 

Last edited by Trebor on 20 Jul 2012, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

JakeWilson
Should get there late morning tomorrow, my flight has been delayed from Germany so I won't be getting to Heathrow till 11 tonight. Apologies to all should a Zombie appear tomorrow.

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 18:44 #50 

Arctic
(Trader)
Anyone set up camp tonight haven'nt seen any evidence so did not bother to take a quick drive down as usual on a Friday night. but am all set for 10.00am sharp in the morning with plenum trays in hand anyone wnating one just pop over and ask there a few members whom can hlep fit and check the plenum,s i have nine in all s below and 14 compensators of which 10 are spoken for and am waiting on the answer for two more so may have a couple spare for any stragglers late afternoon.cheer Arctic.

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 22:35 #51 

Merl
Yup myself, Mike and Dave with Mrs Dave turned upwith tents, gazebo and camp fire with bacon and sausage BAPs! Ooh not forgetting beer and wine!
Martin

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 23:21 #52 

Arctic
(Trader)
Merl wrote:Yup myself, Mike and Dave with Mrs Dave turned upwith tents, gazebo and camp fire with bacon and sausage BAPs! Ooh not forgetting beer and wine!

Hi Martin
if i had clocked on earler i would have shot over for an hour but alas now it is a bit to late but will see you in the Morning hope you all dont get thick heads from the wine :cheers: Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 23:43 #53 

Merl
No worries mate we are all in bed now anyways anticipating long day tomorrow. We were wondering where you were...

Picture of Dave keeping himself entertained.... Image
Martin

Posted 21 Jul 2012, 00:00 #54 

Arctic
(Trader)
WOW thats a big flask not going to fit into your hip pocket is it Dave :rolling:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 21 Jul 2012, 00:08 #55 

Arctic
(Trader)
Good Morning chaps just having a coffee and packing a few choice items couple of fans Dave so we may have a bit of work to do this fine day as Brian W asked trebor (Rob) if someone can help him as he has some brushes for is fan but as not done one before so sorry Stocktake(Dave) i think this maybe your department but he also asked if anyone as a spare should his be gone to far, so i will bring a motor and a fan complete but again the wiring may have to be worked a bit of magic on them. See ya all in a bit Arctic.

PS
There will a nice added surprise for all the members whom have a compensator fitted at the nano this weekend so if i do not hand it to you please ask busy head and all that or headless chicken might be more appropriate lets have a good one cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 21 Jul 2012, 07:21 #56 

starbug2
sorry but with bev's lot and other issues not this time .......

Posted 21 Jul 2012, 08:37 #57 

persuer
Just want to give a big thank you to Paul and Duncan for the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) session and the help with my quasar unit. It was nice to see a couple of "old" :) faces and a few new ones.

Posted 21 Jul 2012, 19:16 #58 

Merl
Just went to loo and there is a British bulldog attacking loaf of bread at kitchen tent and was decidedly aggressive as I walked past so left him too it.... Dave and Marina might need loaf of bread might be needed in the morning if anyone reads this before coming up.
Martin

Posted 22 Jul 2012, 02:27 #59 

Chuckles
Some words of gratitude!

Many thanks for all your help at the meet on Saturday, including the lad that did the T4 for me. Cannot for the life of me, remember his name. I was the first one T4’d!

I don’t know whether it is contentment that all my woes had been rectified or what, but, does the T4 session reset ALL values and settings? I ask because I managed 42MPG on the motorway on the way back to Dorset!!!! (Admittedly at 65mph) I averaged 34 on the way up (70-75mph) and ‘fill to fill’ was at around 37.5mpg, so overall the 40 + figure is not far out - wasn't expecting that!

Once again thank you one and all for an excellent day out, the knowledge on the Rover was unsurpassed, I learnt a lot.

Thank you all the team, and will look forward to another meet-up
Mary & Chuck Berry
Chuck; Dorset UK.
Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent! I now have its Granddad ... A 1963 P5 Coupe'

Posted 22 Jul 2012, 07:40 #60