mg6 has anyone seen one. by 1gp (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

1gp
As yet i have not seen a mg6 on the road ... Are the sales not doing too well ?

Posted 07 Nov 2012, 20:52 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I haven't seen any from the outside on the road either, but I did test drive one out of Longbridge so have seen one from inside on the road. :). From the brief time I had with it, it seemed a very competent family car, the handling in particular was very sharp.
Judging by the prices of vehicles being sold directly from Longbridge they don't seem to be much sought after.
http://www.birminghampost.net/birmingha ... -30709114/ still pretty low volume however you look at the figures.

Posted 07 Nov 2012, 21:00 #2 

1gp
very low figures , maybe the derv model will improve things..

Posted 07 Nov 2012, 21:05 #3 

MrDoodles
I too have never seen one on the road! :(

Posted 07 Nov 2012, 21:19 #4 

ceedy
Saw one a couple weeks back, going East on the A303 in Wiltshire , a slight dull grey/silver colour ? oldish couple in it !
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 07 Nov 2012, 21:34 #5 

Bernard
I saw one drive through our village a few weeks ago. I don't know if it's a local car or not; we don't get much through traffic so it probably is.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 07 Nov 2012, 21:40 #6 

RichardGarner
Ive seen two on the road!! One on the A15 just past RAF Waddington and one heading North on the M6 a few weeks ago. The diesel might boost the sales a bit, but nobody knows about the car so a good advert campaign wouldn't hurt in my opinion.

Posted 07 Nov 2012, 22:30 #7 

Jürgen
I've seen one on the road near Longbridge some time ago. The guy at the wheel looked like Mick ... :D

Posted 07 Nov 2012, 22:45 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Jürgen wrote:I've seen one on the road near Longbridge some time ago. The guy at the wheel looked like Mick ... :D

Are you sure? :lol:

Posted 07 Nov 2012, 23:01 #9 

Tootall
I have only seen one which was parked up in our village, it was a Avis Hire Car as it had the MG Rover url on the rear bumper.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 08 Nov 2012, 17:00 #10 

SpongeBob
I've seen one driving around Lichfield probably about a year ago now. It had large MG stickers on it advertising it as the new MG6 so was either a hire vehicle or a demo car I suspect.

I was lucky enough to go to the Top Gear Live show at the NEC a couple of weeks back and MG had a stand there in which they were showing off a BTCC variant if the MG6 GT which looked quite smart.

Likewise I too think a national advertising campaign would help a lot.

Posted 09 Nov 2012, 13:00 #11 

starbug2
Bev and i have seen a few outside of Longbridge on the roads

Posted 09 Nov 2012, 20:14 #12 

pab
There's one in my Village, in that rather fetching shade of Copper. I've driven one, asked more questions about the product and left the Salesman baffled.

Posted 09 Nov 2012, 20:54 #13 

Stelad
I've only seen a couple, one driving and one parked up enabling me to have a good nosey! I was quite impressed. They're a lot bigger than I thought . The diesel is due any time now and from what I've read the engine should be one of the best diesels on the market.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Posted 09 Nov 2012, 21:40 #14 

Borg Warner
Not seen one on the road although I was given one earlier this year as courtesy car. Have to say it drove very well, handling, ride and performance were all good. However it looked quite cheap inside and hated the jacket the battery was in.

Apart from that and considering there's a dealer just down the road from me (which is where I had the car from) not seen one on the road.

Sad really; not sure what the answer is for them to sell more. Seems to be a one trick horse?

Posted 10 Nov 2012, 21:38 #15 

Bernard
A car dealer came to our unit today who is waiting for delivery of his MG6 Diesel. He was very impressed by it apparently. This will be the first owner that I know with one.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 01 Feb 2013, 17:21 #16 

carlpenn
I have seen loads on Transporters at Work, in fact one Transporter came to collect a Car just before Christmas and he had 9 MG6's on his Trailer :)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 01 Feb 2013, 17:52 #17 

Bermudan 75
Tootall wrote:I have only seen one which was parked up in our village, it was a Avis Hire Car as it had the MG Rover url on the rear bumper.

Last April a red one with the MG Cars url on the rear bumper passed me on the M6 going north near Chorley.

Posted 01 Feb 2013, 18:18 #18 

Borg Warner
Apparantly the diesels are very good. Hope they get the sales in now.

Posted 01 Feb 2013, 22:38 #19 

1gp
saw my first one , and yes , it was on the road. it was on the a610 heading to for the m1...

Posted 02 Feb 2013, 20:11 #20