As we have recently acquired a Ssangyong Rexton to allow us to retire the Rover 75 from towing duties, something has got to give and this means we're selling Bertie, Gill's beloved Mazda MX5 Phoenix.....
This is quite sad as it's been a really good car and never let us down at all - and it really is fun in the sun with the top down!
So, details then. Well it's a Mazda MX5 Phoenix "special edition". Only 1200 were made and roughly half were black and half "Titanium Grey" as ours is (see here)
It's a 1600 model which gives it fairly good mpg but is still nice and nippy. Tax is Â£260 for a year and Â£145 for 6 months, but no need to worry about this for a while as I have taxed it this morning. It's also got an MOT on until July 24th 2014, so near enough a full year (it was done last week). Current mileage is 62455. As the car was registered June 2002 this makes an annual mileage of just 5677! The car log book shows 2 owners prior to us, but actually the first change happened 19 days after registration - the car was pre-registered before it's first sale. We've owned it since May 2006 and have put 19845 of it's miles on (so only 1526 a year!)
The car had full service history to when we acquired it, but since then I have done all the necessary myself. It will come not only with the full tax and MOT, but we'll also make sure it's serviced as well
- Body is in very good condition for it's age, with just a little rust on the lip of the boot lid
- Genuine low mileage
- Leather interior with heated seats and matching tonneau cover
- 6 CD multi-changer
- Non leaking, good condition hood with glass heated screen
- Slight rust as mentioned above - not visible unless boot is open
- Drivers side electric window is sticking - this will be fixed before we sell
- Alloys have gone a bit scabby - again, these will be sorted before we sell
In our time with the car we have added a few bits and bobs, made a few changes:-
- Clear indicators and reflectors all round
- Chrome fuel filler flap
- Lockwood mesh front grille
- Uprating single CD player for 6 disc multichanger
That's about all I can think of at the moment! Anything else you'd like to know, just ask!
We're looking at around Â£2750, but of course will be happy to receive sensible offers!
Photos below - can add more if needed!