Lucky break for my niece.... by Bernard

Bernard
....who decided not to go on the Alvechurch school skiing trip because she didn't want to be away from her new pony.
Apparently the teacher was really a genuine guy and on his last trip before retiring.
You just never know what's in store, do you?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 21 Feb 2012, 21:15 #1 

Zeb
A very sad event for all concerned....but glad for your niece she missed out on that particular experience.

Carpe Diem.

Posted 23 Feb 2012, 20:28 #2 

Mad-Monkey
Certainly makes you stop and think. Glad you niece is ok but I bet she is quite shocked at the thought it could have been her on the bus.

Posted 23 Feb 2012, 20:55 #3 

Bernard
Monk wrote:Certainly makes you stop and think. Glad you niece is ok but I bet she is quite shocked at the thought it could have been her on the bus.

Very true but kids of that age seem to take things as they come. Unless the counselling 'industry' gets involved of course.

Posted 24 Feb 2012, 17:53 #4 

starbug2
i'm glad she made the right choice in the end ..... as you say you never know what is around the next corner...

Posted 25 Feb 2012, 11:15 #5 

Wolves 75
The kids all came back to my Railway station on their way home, really sad sight, feelings go out to them all......

Posted 25 Feb 2012, 20:10 #6 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:
Monk wrote:Unless the counselling 'industry' gets involved of course.

I think we might be of one accord on that subject Bernard.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 25 Feb 2012, 20:59 #7 

Zeb
Sorry. Got to partially disagree....there IS a time and place and need (sometimes) for the counselling of the traumatised, the bereaved, the tortured and so on...but yes, unfortunately it has become something of an industry that acts somewhat like the ambulance chasers..:(

Edit: Gotta say too,sadly, some kids, for all sorts of reasons, definitely cannot take things as they come....their resilience being subject to previous experience, mental / emotional well-being and home-life.

Posted 25 Feb 2012, 22:27 #8 

Last edited by Zeb on 25 Feb 2012, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

raistlin
I think it was the emphasized word industry in Bernard's post which struck a chord with me Carl.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 25 Feb 2012, 22:34 #9 

Bernard
...and the emphasis indeed was intended.

Posted 25 Feb 2012, 22:48 #10 

PaulT
and Paul I do not know what happens in your Court but, from reports in the media defence lawyers are coming up with 'the reason he kicked the persons head in is because he lost his toy rabbit when he was 2'.

Yes, there is a place for counselling, a prime example being WWI when there was none and some shell shocked soldiers were shot by firing squad. However, the industry referred to in this thread seems to be the one very much akin to the compensation lawyers - whatever it is we are needed (no doubt the parents are being plagued by the latter who will emphasise that they have been extremely traumatised and needing counselling).

Yes, the crash was a tradegy, especially for the teachers family.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 26 Feb 2012, 06:55 #11