Lifesaver for me by dattrike

• Related topics: (no related topics)

dattrike
Gents, after having had a particularly nasty bout of Covid, 3 weeks now and still coughing, I have to say the two most active threads I follow on here, The word association game and the three word story have been a real stimulus for me to get through some really bad days.
I would just like to say thank you to everyone for helping a very old feeling man slowly recover.
Thank you all

Posted 29 Nov 2021, 12:43 #1 

Jürgen
Dave, get well soon and all the very best. I'm looking forward to seeing you in person again, whenever it will be possible again.

Posted 29 Nov 2021, 23:01 #2 

dattrike
Thanks Jürgen, can't wait for the Nano's to begin again

Posted 30 Nov 2021, 08:14 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Hope you get clear of this nasty plague soon. I caught a dose while in hospital for an operation. Thanks NHS. ;) It took best part of ten days for symptoms to abate, still feeling pretty shattered plus recovery from op.
Take care and maybe we can all catch up in the near-ish future.

Posted 30 Nov 2021, 13:32 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Dave.
Sorry to hear you caught the plague, have you had your two jabs and a booster yet, if so what hope for us i say, i think we will all catch sooner or later, Rob thought he caught it a few weeks back but was a false alarm, i took ill in Feb this year, knocked off my feet for six weeks i mean i could not walk without an aid.

Never really found out what it was, as a couple of tests came back negative, anyways hope you get well soon, keep eating those hot soups, with cheese bread, and some good wholesome stews, topped of with a nice hot toddy every night :cheers: you could always pop over to the other side and read the load of BS that goes on in the social forums :lol: Steve.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 01 Dec 2021, 08:14 #5 

dattrike
Hi Steve, I've had my jabs, was due the booster on the 11th Nov but tested positive on the 8th. Two weeks previous was suffering from a cold which always gets on my chest, just started to get better from that, had a day free of coughing then covid arrived and started coughing straight away. Next booster is booked for the 18th Dec.
I do look at the OC but tend to mark all forums as read and pick and choose what I read, there are a lot of eggspurts there who should be running the country and should be able to sort out the world fairly quickly lol

Posted 01 Dec 2021, 08:29 #6 

takestock
Glad to hear your on the mend, had my booster and Flu jab today, not sure which side I will be sleeping on tonight :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 01 Dec 2021, 14:00 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
takestock wrote:Glad to hear your on the mend, had my booster and Flu jab today, not sure which side I will be sleeping on tonight :)

On your belly Dave with your hands tied behind your back, it will help you from rolling over :thumbsup: but yep i still have a little pain in my arm from the booster.

Next one is due come spring :-o
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 01 Dec 2021, 22:36 #8 

Trebor
sorry to hear you have had the dreaded Covid, ive been lucky so far and hope it continues, take care hope you have a more speedy recovery and keep posting
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 06 Dec 2021, 20:23 #9 

Bermudan 75
I wish you a speedy and full recovery Dave. Hope to meet up next year at a Nano, still need to fit those rear door handles that you gave me many moons ago.

Posted 07 Dec 2021, 12:00 #10 

Bermudan 75
Mick wrote:Hope you get clear of this nasty plague soon. I caught a dose while in hospital for an operation. Thanks NHS. ;) It took best part of ten days for symptoms to abate, still feeling pretty shattered plus recovery from op.
Take care and maybe we can all catch up in the near-ish future.

I wish you a speedy and full recovery Mick. As for the NHS, don't get me started, especially the Medical Centre where I live that has three separate surgeries of AWOL doctors and imbecilic receptionists.

Posted 07 Dec 2021, 12:07 #11 

dattrike
Update,
Now clear of Covid but still coughing occasionally so don't really go anywhere as temperature changes make the cough worse. Still very lethargic and sleeping a lot. At least the mucus is mainly gone now but still find breathing a struggle after a bit of exercise. We'll get there, looking forward to next year's meets.
I'm so glad I had my jabs, I would have been a lot worse without, probably ending up in hospital.

Posted 07 Dec 2021, 13:20 #12 

Arctic
(Trader)
It seems if you have contracted covid and you get over it, your immune system is stronger than having the jabs, and lasts longer also, i have a feeling we will be having another booster around March, and think these jabs will go on until we have all caught it, jabbed or not.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 08 Dec 2021, 10:00 #13