Knee replaced by dattrike (Page 1 of 2)

dattrike
Well back home now after having half of my left knee replaced.
I'd forgotten how much it hurt the first time :shock:
Hopefully be more mobile in about 6 weeks. Wearing a lovely
pair of compression stockings at the moment. I would post pictures
but I'll wait till the swelling goes down.
Fair play to te hospital, they do supply some pretty powerful drugs
to keep the pain under control ;)
Hope to make it to the Nano, but looking unlikely at the moment :(

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 13:19 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Glad to hear your op. went well. Hope your recovery time is short and sweet. Enjoy the drugs.;)

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 13:40 #2 

Jürgen
Dave, I wish you a speedy recovery.
dattrike wrote:Hope to make it to the Nano, but looking unlikely at the moment :(

Take your time. I'm looking forward to see you at the next one in 2014 then. :)

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 14:48 #3 

Bermudan 75
Here's to speedy recovery Dave :cheers:

Mike

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 15:06 #4 

Trebor
Well done Dave it will be worth it in the end i am sure.

Pity you cant make the Nano as I understand that before a new knee is fully operational it has to be T4d to the leg !

Look after yourself
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 15:42 #5 

takestock
wishing you a speedy recovery Dave, you have been there along with others to support Marina and i in recent tough times, If there is anything I can do, well you know the rest ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 15:46 #6 

kandyman
glad to hear it went ok and hope you have a speedy recovery,

And chance of doing a "How To" :)

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 16:23 #7 

DaveyC
An upgraded knee then..... Good luck with the recovery. ;-)

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 17:41 #8 

Cockaa
Hope your on the mend & up n running again very soon Mr Nicey ;)
P.s.If you've any drugs left over when you've finished with them i can get a good price on the black market fella, bear that in mind haha.
Stop making excuses about the stockings too! You always wear them!! You told me it was "your little secret" :stirer:
All the best Petal :nurse:
I'm not quite right you know.........

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 18:02 #9 

Bernard
Good luck with the recovery, medics have told me that I am too young for a replacement at 72.

Sent via Tapatalk.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 18:03 #10 

Gren 24
Speedy recovery Dave,pleased its all OK,Just keep taken those tablets.

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 18:16 #11 

zojosc
Dave
Can I have the old half of your knee for an ash tray or something, I always wanted an elephants foot but I have never known an elephant that needed a replacement
If you need anything at all let me know you know where I am andystephens24@aol.com and I will let you have my phone no.(just around the corner)
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 18:31 #12 

dattrike
Thanks all,

"Hope your on the mend & up.
n running again very soon Mr Nicey ;)
P.s.If you've any drugs left over when you've finished with them i can get a good price on the black market fella, bear that in mind haha.
Stop making excuses about the stockings too! You always wear them!! You told me it was "your little secret" :stirer:
All the best Petal :nurse:"

Damn my seceret life is out now.

"Good luck with the recovery, medics have told me that I am too young for a replacement at 72."

It helps to have Medical Insurance, it's all about money now unfortunately.
I was told I'm on the young side at 56 for the right one nearly 61 for the left one,
but I'd rather have one or two months of fairly intense pain than the constant aching
and intense pain when you knock it or twist your foot round.

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 18:47 #13 

dattrike
zojosc wrote:Dave
Can I have the old half of your knee for an ash tray or something, I always wanted an elephants foot but I have never known an elephant that needed a replacement
If you need anything at all let me know you know where I am andystephens24@aol.com and I will let you have my phone no.(just around the corner)

Unfortunately the hospital dog had first dibbs, I've never seen a fitter dog :-o
Thanks for the offer Andy, but my wife likes to fuss.
She's thinking of having hers done in the New Year so I can look after her!

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 18:53 #14 

Borg Warner
Well if it's have has successful as my hip replacement you'll be fine; cant believe the difference to be honest.

Best of luck with the recovery. Take your time and don't rush it.

Gary M

Posted 30 Sep 2013, 21:55 #15 

dattrike
Getting better now, still swollen, looking forward to getting outside. Have to use two sticks still, but only for a few more days, then I should be able to get about with just the one. Can't wait to be able to pick up my new car at the end of the month :grin: good job it's an auto...just a taster

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 05 Oct 2013, 20:13 #16 

Cockaa
dattrike wrote:Getting better now, still swollen, looking forward to getting outside. Have to use two sticks still, but only for a few more days, then I should be able to get about with just the one. Can't wait to be able to pick up my new car at the end of the month :grin: good job it's an auto...just a taster

Glad to hear your on the mend Dave ;)
That car looks an absolute beauty too matey :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm not quite right you know.........

Posted 05 Oct 2013, 21:11 #17 

Borg Warner
Going good by the looks of it. Keep up the good work.

Gary M.

Posted 05 Oct 2013, 21:43 #18 

Bermudan 75
dattrike wrote:Getting better now, still swollen, looking forward to getting outside. Have to use two sticks still, but only for a few more days, then I should be able to get about with just the one. Can't wait to be able to pick up my new car at the end of the month :grin: good job it's an auto...just a taster

Is it a trophy car Dave?, looks like it is mounted on a plinth :gmc:

Glad your knees are getting better...

Cheers

Mike

Posted 06 Oct 2013, 11:14 #19 

dattrike
Rover418275 wrote:

Is it a trophy car Dave?, looks like it is mounted on a plinth :gmc:

Glad your knees are getting better...

Cheers

Mike

Nah, a couple more to whet the appetite. Should be easy now ;-)
Any guesses?

Sent from my GT-P1000

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 06 Oct 2013, 11:43 #20