Kids should rule the World. by carlpenn

carlpenn
ok, not all Kids lol.

However, after reading the following two Christmas Tales you may think the same..........

MY Son's best friend was asked by "Santa" at a Christmas party for Kids, what he wanted for Christmas. He replied "I want everyone to be happy", 'Santa' asked again, clearly thinking he didn't understand the question, to which the reply again was "I want everyone to be happy, thats all I want" (Sedriously how sweet is that Kid !!)

My Wife asked my Son to write his letter to Santa, asking for his Christmas presents.

So he dictated the following..........

Dear Santa,

I would like some Star Wars Lego for Christmas. You can give all my other presents to children who's Mummies and Daddies cannot afford presents.

Love

Elliot.

How wonderful the world would be with such unselfish thoughts.........

Merry Christmas
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 19 Dec 2012, 23:28 #1 

Bermudan 75
In my view the world is overrun with kids..... remember when you could go into a pub without the little sods running around? Stupid women unloading their brats from a 4 x 4 in a narrow high street with the doors open on the driver's side? BBC2 showing kid's tv when the BBC has a channel dedicated to the non licence paying dwarfs......children should be seen and not heard, either down pit or up chimney.

Posted 19 Dec 2012, 23:49 #2 

carlpenn
Perhaps, I should explain the point of my post?

We live in a society overun with "Me, Me, Me" and "Stuff you, as Long as I am ok, you can burn in hell".

The two Examples shown above, clearly show that Children have something that we adults don't, They don't have Selfishness and a narrow minded view of the world.

I would add, the post was reffering to two 7 year old Kids, who's minds had not been polluted by the Adult world we all have to live in and that we Adults should take a leaf out of Kid's books once in a while, who knows, it could actually make the World a better place.
Upgrades:

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 00:07 #3 

Last edited by carlpenn on 20 Dec 2012, 06:02, edited 1 time in total.

dattrike
As a father to nine and grandfather to seven,nearly eight, I have to agree with your comments Carl.
Hopefully post#2 was tongue in cheek. :-| :?:

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 05:28 #4 

carlpenn
dattrike wrote:As a father to nine and grandfather to seven,nearly eight, I have to agree with your comments Carl.
Hopefully post#2 was tongue in cheek. :-| :?:

You are quite right - I have edited my Post to suit, just in case you are correct ;)
Upgrades:

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 06:02 #5 

Dave Goody
My daughter since her divorce 7 years ago lives with us with her 7 year old son. He is a typical 7 year old, drives us nuts and is generally a pain going to bed, changing clothes etc. I take him to school every morning and he tends to misbehave all the way. "But" before we leave he insists on giving his nanny a kiss and a hug and won't leave the house until I do the same. We have even had to walk 100yds back to the house because he suddenly remembers I have not kissed and hugged my wife. They make you scream, but you have to luv em Dave

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 14:16 #6 

Jumper
In my experience they bring nothing but sadness, heartbreak and penury.

Like when they ask you to 'give them away'. What? After all that investment, sleepless nights and having to fight off their boyfriends' stinky feet? Give them away? What happened to the bidding system all of a sudden? And, er, dowry? And then after a respectable interval, hopefully about 11 months, they present you with an absolutely identical replica of themselves and you fall for it all over again.

All that "Daddy, Daddy, but you must say yes, I never ask you for anything. Can't we, can't we, oh please Daddy! And you say 'if you ask me once more you're coming down off my shoulders'.

They take the Mickey big time, call you Baldy and you laugh a bit. Just a bit. You tell them to watch it, or you'll stop their pocket money. They say 'what pocket money, Mum gives us that'. No answer to that.

You hope they will one day turn out just like you, then you remember that's how the world got like it is. But then you realise they look just like their mother with all her goodness, gentleness, patience and blinding, but diplomatic, honesty.

Maybe the world's not such a bad place after all.

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 15:27 #7 

Last edited by Jumper on 21 Dec 2012, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.

carlpenn
Jumper wrote:In my experience they bring nothing but sadness, heartbreak and penury.

Like when they ask you to ’give them away’. What? After all that investment, sleepless nights and having to fight off their boyfriends’ stinky feet? Give them away? What happened to the bidding system all of a sudden? And, er, dowry? And then after a respectable interval, hopefully about 11 months, they present you with an absolutely identical replica of themselves and you fall for it all over again.

All that “Daddy, Daddy, but you must say yes, I never ask you for anything. Can’t we, can’t we, oh please Daddy! And you say “if you ask me once more you’re coming down off my shoulders”.

They take the Mickey big time, call you Baldy and you laugh a bit. Just a bit. You tell them to watch it, or you’ll stop their pocket money. They say “what pocket money, Mum gives us that”. No answer to that.

You hope they will one day turn out just like you, then you remember that’s how the world got like it is. But then you realise they look just like their mother with all her goodness, gentleness, patience and blinding, but diplomatic, honesty.

Maybe the world’s not such a bad place after all.

Oh how I laughed at the Bold bit, that is worthy of a Comedy Show - I loved it :)

The Pocket Money bit :), my lad never asks for Pocket Money so we are lucky there - He does get it though (Deservedly so) ;) He saves it all up to buy Lego Star Wars stuff, he loves the stuff. It is nice to see him do that as it shows an early understanding of Financial matters, rather than off down to the shop and blow it all on Sweets etc.
Upgrades:

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 18:04 #8 

carlpenn
Dave Goody wrote:My daughter since her divorce 7 years ago lives with us with her 7 year old son. He is a typical 7 year old, drives us nuts and is generally a pain going to bed, changing clothes etc. I take him to school every morning and he tends to misbehave all the way. "But" before we leave he insists on giving his nanny a kiss and a hug and won't leave the house until I do the same. We have even had to walk 100yds back to the house because he suddenly remembers I have not kissed and hugged my wife. They make you scream, but you have to luv em Dave

Bless him, This is what Kids are about though. They pay attention to the things we take for granted, I wonder how many of us leave for Work without Kissing our Wives? Not an issue, yet to a Kid, its the most important thing to start the Day (After a Bowl of Chocolate Cereal though :P)
Upgrades:

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 18:07 #9 

raistlin
Nowt wrong with kids... just couldn't eat a whole one ;) :gmc:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 19:04 #10