Keyb#oard Hash Er#r#o#r by Trebor

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Trebor
As the title can any#one tell me why i keep getting r#and#om hash symbo#ls in my typing, i no#rmally have t#o edit and it is r#eally f#r#ustrating - this p#ost has been typed no#rmally and l#o#ok at it !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 15:55 #1 

kandyman
Hi R#ob,

Is this on a pc keyboard or a laptop ?

Only thing I can think off is the keyboard has got wet or has some dirt under the keys, I can't think if anything else that would cause this.

If on a pc I would say try another keyboard.

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 16:17 #2 

Raistlin
Rob, you're welcome to borrow a keyboard from me if you want.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 16:34 #3 

Duncan
I would suggest the keyboard is goosed. They work on a matrix, so one key jopins a pair of wires that are also connected to other keys. Water / cofee / other muck could be the cause.

If a desktop, try a new keyboard. If a laptop, you can still plug in a USB keyboard to prove it's the keyboard, though a replacement might be more expensive.

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 19:24 #4 

Trebor
its a laptop but thanks for the suggestions, i was hoping it was something simple like unravelling a fast key with a press of 2 buttons but alas not, i can try and take it out and maybe clean it up. - this post was typed on my desktop
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 19:27 #5 

Duncan
Try plugging your desktop keyboard into the lappy. See if it fixes the problem (assuming your desktop is USB)

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 19:32 #6 

Trebor
i will try that Duncan thANKS its wireless but the sender iS USB
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 11 Sep 2011, 21:52 #7 

kandyman
Any up#dates o#n this ;) ?

---
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 17:26 #8 

Trebor
yes i have tonight got the keyboard out of the laptop and given it a good dusting and vacuum and so far so good - i think its cured, there was not that much crap behind it just an accumulation of dust but it seems enough to have caused the problem, thanks for the advice on this thread much appreciated, i can now type the hash symbol just when i want and not when the machine wants see here # and again # and once more for luck # yippeeee !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 19:47 #9 

takestock
Glad you didn't make a hash of the repair Rob :gmc:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 20:15 #10 

Duncan
He's a star!

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 20:41 #11