Its that nano-meet thing again. 16 – 18 September by raistlin (Page 3 of 6)

BADLAD
Hi again raistlin,

I see what you mean. I have had a look at the webasto timer I have - it is just a switching contact, I can switch + or - as needed. It does stay on though after being activated. I was thinking of using a 555 circuit to give me a momentary pulse for your electronic gubbins, but I might program a 12c508 pic micro and stick it on a bit of vero board to do the same job. What do you think?

Cheers,

Ian.

Posted 04 Sep 2011, 08:43 #41 

raistlin
No reason why either method shouldn't work Ian. Pulse width is not important.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Sep 2011, 09:28 #42 

Duncan
BADLAD wrote:Hi again raistlin,

I see what you mean. I have had a look at the webasto timer I have - it is just a switching contact, I can switch + or - as needed. It does stay on though after being activated. I was thinking of using a 555 circuit to give me a momentary pulse for your electronic gubbins, but I might program a 12c508 pic micro and stick it on a bit of vero board to do the same job. What do you think?

Cheers,

Ian.

Be careful with 555s in a car. They tend to have both output devices on for a very short time. On a standard power supply that just creates switching noise, but it can be quite messy on a car. It's quite impressive if they die, though.

Posted 06 Sep 2011, 15:57 #43 

BADLAD
Hmm, another interesting point to consider. I bought a velleman 555 timer relay kit from maplins the other day and was intending to use that to give me the pulse signal which I need from the timer. I have ordered one of raistlins kits to do the air conditioning switching, but I need a pulse to trigger it. It might be time to get the pic programmer out after all.
This fbh is taking a lot of messing about! I had to fix it when I got it - it had got a resistor burned out. I have to carry on now though because I have spent too much time and money not to.
Thanks for the heads up on the timers though, but another question arises. Could I get away with a couple of de coupling capacitors? I'm thinking 10 and 100 micro farad across the supply to illiminate noise?

Edit: this last question may be irrelevant. I have just looked at the velleman kit and it already has a 100 micro farad capacitor for de coupling, plus it's triggering a relay output. The input line also uses a diode (in4007) to prevent backfeed.

Thanks again,

Ian

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 00:16 #44 

Arctic
(Trader)
You BADLAD pick up your PMs :thumbsup: question for you about the fan Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 01:11 #45 

BADLAD
Sorry steve, I thought I had! I did read one at something am last night. I'm a bit of a night owl and get to catch up with stuff at stupid o'clock. :-)

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 09:54 #46 

moretvicar
Hi Folks.
Hoping to get there on Saturday to meet you and as a newbie un-ashamedly pick-your-brains!

I hope to find a slot on a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) to look at my temperature gauge problem (and anything else that may be lurking there).Maybe someone can take a listen to the clonking coming from the front end, explain why at 3800 rpm the power splutters to a halt, and could I please add my name to the list for the plenum mod?

While on this topic, which by its nature is possibly read by the more gregarious members of the community, can I ask if any of you signal to other 75s you meet?
As I become more and more drawn under the spell this car weaves (does that sound OTT?), I feel a strange urge to share my new-found pleasure with others!
I am starting to get the same sense of camaraderie I experienced as a motorcyclist.

Nick

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 13:03 #47 

raistlin
OP modified Nick :)
Paul

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 16:11 #48 

Trebor
As the last meet was only 2 months ago I am informed that the menu hasnt changed although some of the prices may be a tad more so rather than run over to the pub to get the very latest menu, scan and post i am including the one from the last meet below, please post up your orders so i can compile a list and hand them in on the Saturday morning of the meet, and please remember the drill which worked a lot better last time, all starters will be served first, then all mains, then sweets - which means if you are on a table with someone who has ordered a starter but you havent you wont get you main straight away - hope this is clear

[IMG]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee210/apbicm1/APBICM2/img011.jpg[/IMG
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 09 Sep 2011, 17:52 #49 

raistlin
Thanks for copying that in Rob :)

OK all, not too long before the nano-meet so please can you indicate your preferences :)
Paul

Posted 09 Sep 2011, 18:00 #50 

takestock
Dave and Marina

Breaded mushrooms X 2
Quorn fillet roast dinner
10 Oz Rib Eye (medium)

:D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 09 Sep 2011, 19:47 #51 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Rob
For me and the wife
Seafood Cocktail x 1

Mixed Grill x 2

Apple & Blackberry Fruit Crumble x 1

many thanks for taking the time out to sort the meals it is appreciated Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 09 Sep 2011, 23:21 #52 

raistlin
Oh dear, I've lost my list.

PLEASE can anybody who wants electrickery stuff or powerfold looms for the nano meet remind me? THanks :D
Paul

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 15:29 #53 

Duncan
Probably only going to be there Sunday. Still got a huge backlog of things to catch up, including playing with toilets today and tomorrow (great fun). At least 3 of the 4 taps are done, and only one pissed water everywhere when I turned the water on (fragment of the old washer not removed from the connector).

As promised, service will return to normal soon.

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 19:31 #54 

Bernard
I'm hoping to make it on Sunday if I can get someone to look in on Mrs L. She is now just not fit enough to make it for the weekend, mores the pity. :(
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 21:43 #55 

Trebor
sorry to hear that Bernard please give her my regards
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 22:43 #56 

starbug2
Trebor wrote:sorry to hear that Bernard please give her my regards

i agree , i do hope things will improve soonest

Posted 12 Sep 2011, 09:58 #57 

starbug2
Bev will have Cottage pie and desert, apple and blackberry crumble.
i will have mixed grill and desert apple and blackberry crumble.
thank you

Posted 12 Sep 2011, 10:31 #58 

PaulT
All sorts of things going on at present mainly revolving around buying and selling houses and think this weekend we may be venturing up to a land far away called Yorkshire. However, if it is OK will try and pop in on our way back even if just to say 'hello'
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 12 Sep 2011, 11:53 #59 

Trebor
Just a reminder for any more meal orders for Saturday night please as I need to hand the list to the pub in advance - will close the list at lunchtime on Friday
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 14 Sep 2011, 12:09 #60