iPod Touch 4 without iTunes by PaulT

PaulT
Yve has one of the above and music on there was put on there some time ago from a computer that is no more. None of the music came from the itunes store. Trying to put some more music on it and with a grumble loaded itunes that informs me that the music had been put on by a different loading of itunes and that if I wish to continue it will wipe all the music currently on the iPod.

There are certain things I hate and one is manufacturers screwing you.

Been searching for an alternative to itunes and tried many without luck. Some just would not connect and others a one way street, i.e. take music off but not put music on.

Anyone know of a program that works?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 23 May 2015, 10:28 #1 

Duncan
Sharepod.

Posted 23 May 2015, 15:25 #2 

Trebor
Have you tried Google music, I use it and once you figure it out it is excellent and you can take your I tunes music with you.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 25 May 2015, 12:08 #3 

PaulT
Many thanks for the replies.

Tried Sharepod after Duncan suggested it and it seemed to work fine plus it was cheaper than some I had looked at plus it worked easily so paid for a licence.

Interestingly, when I went to buy it recognised that the ISP I was using was French so showed the cost in euros. Changed the country to UK and it showed it in £s. Proceeded and it said that the £ was indicative only and the charge would be in US$. It then showed that I would be charged $20 + $4 in VAT, i.e. the UK 20% rate. So do I assume that a US company in Illinois is going to forward $4 to HMRC or am I being naive?

Will admit I do hate companies that try to tie you in to their systems and you have to spend more money to get functionality!
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 28 May 2015, 18:42 #4 

JohnDotCom
They obviously aren't going to pay VAT and charging it is illegal, I don't suppose import duties or any other taxes are paid by such a company either.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 01 Jun 2015, 20:06 #5