IPK has lines by BingleyThe75

• Related topics: (no related topics)

BingleyThe75
My IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) has lines running across and down it. Is it fixable or do I need to replace it?
In a cold world, it's a warm place,
Where you know that you're supposed to be.

Posted 30 Aug 2013, 00:58 #1 

kandyman
I believe it's the ribbon cable connector on the back of the IPK that's causing the problem, I have read that with a very fine soldering iron it's possible to repair but very hard.

Might be easer to pick up a new IPK or a 2nd hand one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Posted 30 Aug 2013, 07:40 #2 

BingleyThe75
Where could I get a new one or proven second hand one from, and how easy is it to swap them over?

Posted 03 Sep 2013, 07:17 #3 

takestock
To repair it, It will require a replacement inst panel, this will either need programming to the car with a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) or the eprom chip desoldering and swapping over in the panel, nearest person to you who could do this, let me see...............Big Russ :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Sep 2013, 19:25 #4 

BingleyThe75
Rhanks Dave. I'll get in touch and see if he can help. Also, I've just won a Harman kardon set up on eBay and would be grateful of any help installing it...

Posted 05 Sep 2013, 07:00 #5 

JohnDotCom
As long as you have the wiring setup of Harmon Kardon it is all fairly straight forward.
Is this for a saloon or a Tourer model?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Sep 2013, 12:36 #6 

BingleyThe75
Saloon, and some of the wires have been cut. Got it from a club member breaker a blue 75 in Doncaster. Just am not sure if anything important's missing, wasn't expecting sliced wires...

Posted 05 Sep 2013, 23:41 #7 

BingleyThe75
And I have to admit, I'm about as much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to car electrics.

Posted 05 Sep 2013, 23:42 #8 

Mintman
I got rid of the stripes by turning everytime i drove the "computer" on and switching modes every couple of minutes (Average speed ,fuel consumption,limit and so on), As soon as i will notice now (ex. in the "door open" mode )that a single line appears i switch on the IPK for a couple of minutes and everything fine again.

Posted 20 Feb 2014, 18:40 #9