iPad by SMC Trading

SMC Trading
Has anyone been out and got one yet?, I seem to be needing one even though I don't really know why, does my laptop do not already do what an Ipad does? :confused:

Posted 31 May 2010, 21:01 #1 

Zeb
Hello Les! :D

Now, it is sooooo tempting to say that the only REAL difference is that you keep the ipad in yer knick knacks.....but a) I might be wrong...and n) I might get banned.... :gmc:

Posted 31 May 2010, 21:03 #2 

SMC Trading
Apple are really good at making you NEED there products, I really NEED one and I have no idea why?? :?

Posted 31 May 2010, 21:08 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
SMC Trading wrote:Apple are really good at making you NEED there products, I really NEED one and I have no idea why?? :?

Nobody needs one! Nice to have toys to play with if you have spare cash though.

Welcome aboard Les. :thumbsup:

Posted 31 May 2010, 21:11 #4 

JohnDotCom
Welcome Les, nice to see you.

The iPad is a nice piece of slim equipment but hardly needed and the one that is at work isn't used any more than the apple laptops.
It is very restrictive in what you can do with it to.
Fine for reading books etc on the Underground, if some toe-rag doesn't pinch it from you.
Looks nice...needed? No.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 31 May 2010, 21:22 #5 

calibrax
Basically a giant iPhone. Remember that show with Dom Jolly on the giant mobile? 'HELLO... YEAH I'M ON A TRAIN... NO,IT'S CRAP...' :mrgreen:
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 23:26 #6 

DerekO
calibrax wrote:Basically a giant iPhone. Remember that show with Dom Jolly on the giant mobile? 'HELLO... YEAH I'M ON A TRAIN... NO,IT'S CRAP...' :mrgreen:

A giant iPhone that isn't a phone and doesn't have a camera................................but I would probably still like one :gmc:

Derek :Scotland:
Renault Megane CC 1.9DCi Dynamique
http://75andztowners.proboards.com/index.cgi

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 23:29 #7 

greeners
Mrs G's boss got one on launch day. It looks the danglies, and DVD quality is great, but everything is "extras" and it's pricey for what it is....

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 09:07 #8 

PaulT
Plus the normal thing - hike the price because it is the UK
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 06:30 #9 

Starman
Apple really know how to market the best bits and hide the worst don't they.

If you scour the net frequently and want something handy which visually looks good when you use it. The iPad excels.
It's quicker to boot than a laptop, less heavy and fast. It should support the new HTML 5 IF that takes over from flash.

The second gen rumoured to show itself in jan/feb will have a camera and telephonic circuits in it too. For video calls and Apple messenger etc.

How many of us already use the iPhone for posting in here?

Would I buy one? Mmm.... tempted. Do I NEED one? Apple say I do!

A gift? Yes please :)

Note::: Birthday is in 17 days. ;) :gmc:
Kind regards, Steve.

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 09:35 #10 

FROGGY
SAD :stirer:

Mick

Upholding a GREAT BRITISH tradition.

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 11:58 #11