IE9 problem by raistlin

raistlin
Only one problem do far chaps :)

When I select "Favorites" > "Organize Favorites" I get the following error message

Microsoft are their usual unhelpful selves and Google doesn't provide an answer.

Does anybody have a clue please?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Nov 2011, 13:41 #1 

Jürgen
Hi Paul. When searching MS's knowledge base I came across this. It refers to IE8, but probably will do the trick for IE9, too. I fired up my PC (Win7 / IE9) and did a test run, experiencing no complications afterwards. When starting IE9 after a reboot, the keys will be created again automatically.

Just be careful when using regedit. ;)

There is a registry edit you can use to try and correct this if you are comfortable with working with the registry. Before making any changes in the registry I would strongly recommend backing it up first so the changes can be undone should you need to. Here is the change to make:
1. Go to the following branch:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favorites

2. Delete all the keys under Favorites tree

3. Delete also the value "Order" on Favorites key

4. Reboot Windows

5. Try to Organize Favorites again
Modifying REGISTRY settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of REGISTRY settings can be solved. Modifications of these settings are at your own risk
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/f ... 3991fe90ce

Posted 19 Nov 2011, 15:58 #2 

raistlin
Sorry Jürgen, I forgot to specify that I'd already tried this. It didn't work :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Nov 2011, 16:34 #3