i've lost interest in my 75!!!!!! by payner75t

payner75t
the only reason i haven't put it up for sale is at the moment due to an operation my son can't climb into my synergie.
i never thought i would lose interest in it .
they are wonderful cars(when working) and nothing is as comfortable but i just don't seem to have any enthusiasm for it anymore. some of you may have noticed i haven't posted on either 75 site for a while either. not really sure why i have suddenly started feeling this way .
it's quite saddening really.
the french have invaded my roverspace

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 16:54 #1 

Zeb
payner75t wrote:the only reason i haven't put it up for sale is at the moment due to an operation my son can't climb into my synergie.
they are wonderful cars(when working) and nothing is as comfortable but i just don't seem to have any enthusiasm for it anymore. some of you may have noticed i haven't posted on either 75 site for a while either. not really sure why i have suddenly started feeling this way .

You know what you need? Two things...

1) To come to a good meet to see some genuinely nice, supportive folk...

and

2) And a swap to an MGZT to bring some excitement and passion back into your life! :thumbsup:*

* *Hides from excitable and passionate 75 owners.... :scared: *

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 17:00 #2 

onefortheroad
Don't lose faith brother!! Keep it British!! :unionflag:
ImageThe Car In Front Is Better Than A Toyota!

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 17:17 #3 

Chartermark
Mark,

We've never met, but I've enjoyed your posts here, and mostly on the other side, since I joined there in 2006.

I know the feeling, been there just recently. I've had to get a lot of jobs done and sometimes you can tire of bothering. Then just when the forlorn fatigues of a stressful day threaten to swamp all, you unlock the door and enter a cocoon of succinct privilege as a glance round the interior confirms. You know the drive is going to be wonderful and you arrive home somehow transgressed.

We will all one day look back on these days with a bitter sweet longing.

Sometimes it just takes a bit longer to come around again that's all. Your not that far from me and I go down the A12 at least weekly, I'll gladly buy you a pint and see if normal service can be restored?

Martin

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 17:47 #4 

Rufras
I am so envious, mine has cost me a fortune recently (clutch, fan and new tyres) but I keep paying. I relish the day I lose interest!

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 20:25 #5 

Duncan
Don't know what to say, really.

If I don't drive mine for a while, I start to forget about them, but then I find an excuse, jump in and remember. Particularly the V6.

Go out for a good drive and maybe you will get it again?

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 20:50 #6 

raistlin
If you could get to the nano-meet in August, I'm sure we could re-kindle your interest :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 21:33 #7 

Dallas
Yep! I get like this too buddy, soon as she needs money spent on her and lately when trying to lock and unlock doors with key remote with having broken rubber buttons (I think why is everything breaking). :o

But once I sit in her and close the door and hear that lovely closing door sound and then look at that sheer beauty of the dash, well I remember why I want to keep her. Only trouble is! after I have thought these lovely thoughts, then I soon think hope she don't go badly wrong and cost silly money to put right.

I also need to keep mine as my daughters want to put wedding ribbon on her again for next years school prom and disco :lol: so think of those happy family moments on the times you enjoy your 75's beauty and sheer class.

:cheers:

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 22:07 #8 

geesmith
DON'T JUMP!!

We all have our phases. ;)

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 22:14 #9 

kevin
I lost my enthusiasm for my rover 75 at the start of the year after doing more repairs to it then I care to remerber.
So it was sold and I got a Vauxhall only took two mouths of driving that to get all my enthusiasm back for a 75.
I am now back in a 75 :) . which will never be sold on. :D :D

Posted 24 Jul 2010, 15:28 #10 

Bermudan 75
payner75t wrote:the only reason i haven't put it up for sale is at the moment due to an operation my son can't climb into my synergie.

I think you are suffering from a condition called LOEOLM.

Symptoms include,

Feelings of total frustration with lack of knowledge by people who service your car.
No sympathetic shoulder to cry on when things go wrong.
Lack of humour on other side.
Price of beer in Essex.

To cure your condition of LOEOLM I must first explain what is meant by LOEOLM. It is as follows:

Lack Of Experiance Of Local Meet

This can be cured by setting up local nano-meets within your area or attending the Wolves nano-meet on the 22nd August were you will find all of the support you need to rekindle your love of the 75.

Beers not too bad either, :cheers:

Mike

Posted 24 Jul 2010, 16:13 #11