i passed the strangest road sign ever by RRobson



RRobson
this happened the other week (i forgot to mention it with telling everyone else :D ) but i was traveling on the m18 when on one of the overheat matrix signs it read

*20* ONCOMING VEHICLE

traffic was crawling along as i imagine (like myself) most were waiting to see a car driving down the wrong side of the motorway. thought id pick the middle lane so ive got two places to move should a car come barreling down the motorway...

lukily we didnt see said car but it was rather exciting, even though it was a bit of an anti-climax :)

i also saw a phesant get run over along the same strech or road, and have never witnessed anything so funny before while driving, but thats another story :mrgreen:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 26 Dec 2010, 22:28 #1 

User avatar
SpongeBob
You'd be surprised at how many people end up driving down the 'off' slip roads and end up driving the wrong-way on dual-carriage ways and motorways - sometimes completely oblivious to the danger :panic:

Posted 26 Dec 2010, 23:57 #2 

User avatar
Bernard
Online
SpongeBob wrote:You'd be surprised at how many people end up driving down the 'off' slip roads and end up driving the wrong-way on dual-carriage ways and motorways - sometimes completely oblivious to the danger :panic:


I saw this happen some years ago on the M6 north of the Lakes.
I was overtaking 2 lines of trucks on a right hand curve when I was confronted with a lady driver in the overtaking lane.

Luckily the truck driver in the lane alongside, having a better angle of vision, had just that little bit of extra time and braked quite heavily to let me in front of him.

I was close enough to see the expression on the lady driver's face full on, she appeared not to understand what was going on.

It was several miles to the next junction, one would have thought that she would have worked out that something was wrong somewhere.

It certainly frightened me. :shock:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 27 Dec 2010, 10:27 #3 


PaulT
Bernard wrote:It was several miles to the next junction, one would have thought that she would have worked out that something was wrong somewhere.


She probably did work out that something was wrong - she was driving along thinking 'why is everyone driving the wrong way'.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Image

Posted 27 Dec 2010, 12:46 #4 


RRobson
PaulT wrote:She probably did work out that something was wrong - she was driving along thinking 'why is everyone driving the wrong way'.


that reminds me of a joke,

woman listening to radio report at home

radio reporter - there is currently a car travelling down the wrong way on the M25, please be very cautious as the car has no intention of stopping after multiple attempts at stopping

woman suddenly realised that husband was travelling along the M25, so called to check that he is ok

wonam - ive just heard a reoprt on the radio about a car travelling the wrong way down the M25, are you ok? have you seen it?

husband - seen it? theres hundreds of 'em!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bernard, cant even begin to imagine how that must have been :shock: thankfully both you and the lorry driver acted quick enough to avoid a serious accident :shock:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 27 Dec 2010, 12:59 #5 

User avatar
James.uk
I had a similar experience a few years ago. Coming into Stockport on the M60 overtaking a car and in the distance i saw a big Volvo come down the slip road and he turned toward me and stuck his foot down!!! :shock:

I had nowhere to go!! But, as in the case mentioned, I was saved by the car I was passing breaking hard and letting me in, But I barely made it!!!

My son was in the car with me, he didn't say a word for several minutes... And all he managed then was, Bl**dy hell!!! :lol:
...

Posted 27 Dec 2010, 15:16 #6 


PaulT
James.uk wrote:I had a similar experience a few years ago. Coming into Stockport on the M60 overtaking a car and in the distance i saw a big Volvo come down the slip road and he turned toward me and stuck his foot down!!! :shock:

I had nowhere to go!! But, as in the case mentioned, I was saved by the car I was passing breaking hard and letting me in, But I barely made it!!!

My son was in the car with me, he didn't say a word for several minutes... And all he managed then was, Bl**dy hell!!! :lol:
...


In situation like that you are either glad you have leather seats or wish you had :mrgreen:
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Image

Posted 27 Dec 2010, 19:32 #7 


Top