i have now permanantly left the owners club!! by payner75t (Page 1 of 3)

payner75t
after browsing through some threads over there i discoverd most of my posts had been removed with no explination.
one mod followed me round and closed my new threads!!
absolutely ridiculous!!!!
the place is now being run by
very power hungry moderators
in my opinion what was a good club appears to be only for a select few whio are willing to to do whatever they want to stifle debate.!!!
very very sad and upset.!!!!!
the french have invaded my roverspace

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 07:43 #1 

DeuxGazoles
Well at least there's still this place where you can chill out & enjoy the sociable nature of the forum...........it's not a business pretending to be a club......the rules are very simple & relaxed........the gaffers listen & take heed & only "moderate" your posts if they're a bit risque or not in keeping with the new mellow feel (which reminds me why did my thread title change?) So just unwind & settle in & dont let it get to you
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 08:06 #2 

MrB
It's a shame that it has come to the point where you feel you have to leave.

The mods do appear to be being over zealous over there. However, members, such as yourself, leaving can only strengthen their position.

It is clear their intention is quite simply to make life very difficult for anyone who disagrees with them or the way the club is being run, in order to restore the harmony, rather than answering the questions being raised.

I for one will continue to visit the club, but it will be purely as a second source of information.

The community is much a more sociable and mellow place to be.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 08:26 #3 

payner75t
i see they closed my leaving thread , now there's a surprise!!!!

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 08:49 #4 

MrB
payner75t wrote:i see they closed my leaving thread , now there's a surprise!!!!

You think the butty eater deliberately mis-spelled his entire post when closing that?? Or is his spelling really that poor?
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 08:52 #5 

Cowley_MOA
MrB wrote:
payner75t wrote:i see they closed my leaving thread , now there's a surprise!!!!

You think the butty eater deliberately mis-spelled his entire post when closing that?? Or is his spelling really that poor?

i dont no :lol:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 09:27 #6 

Zeb
I never do anything 'permanently'........far far too permanent for my way of thinking... ;)

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 10:45 #7 

payner75t
Zeb wrote:I never do anything 'permanently'........far far too permanent for my way of thinking... ;)

i was trying for a witty retort, but can't actually think of one!!!! :bed:

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 11:02 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
MrB wrote:

Poor spelling and punctuation merely indicate a lack of education, not a lack of intelligence. The two are very often confused, and sometimes for very good reason. :roll: ;)

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 11:04 #9 

MrB
I was really referring to his annoyance at having been pulled up for his spelling previously.

His spelling in his closure post of that thread is truly atrocious.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 11:28 #10 

payner75t
i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, he might of been in a hurry!!!

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 11:32 #11 

Zeb
Mick wrote:
MrB wrote:

Poor spelling and punctuation merely indicate a lack of education, not a lack of intelligence. The two are very often confused, and sometimes for very good reason. :roll: ;)

Now, about the spelling of 'permanently' in this 'ere thread title..... :twisted: :scared:

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 11:42 #12 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:
Mick wrote:
MrB wrote:

Now, about the spelling of 'permanently' in this 'ere thread title..... :twisted: :scared:

Don't you start........................... Again :panic:

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 11:44 #13 

Chartermark
payner75t wrote:
Zeb wrote:I never do anything 'permanently'........far far too permanent for my way of thinking... ;)

i was trying for a witty retort, but can't actually think of one!!!! :bed:

'Nothing is so permanent as a temporary program'

With apologies to the memory Prof Milton Friedman

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 11:47 #14 

Zeb
:clap: :clap: :clap: :nurse:

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 11:53 #15 

starbug2
Mick wrote:
MrB wrote:

sorry to disagree but some are dyslexic , :em: something i know about :gmc: :oops: :scotland: . i'm still on my hol's in scotland :scotland:

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 21:55 #16 

Mick
(Site Admin)
starbug2 wrote:
Mick wrote:
MrB wrote:

sorry to disagree but some are dyslexic , :em: something i know about :gmc: :oops: :scotland: . i'm still on my hol's in scotland :scotland:

I'm sure you know how to spell irony though. ;)

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 22:11 #17 

goodlittlewifey
I wondered if Christopher deliberately chose mods that get wound up easily, maybe Christopher has had enough of the forum now, and would like it to disappear, especially after so many people have asked about the non appearance of the welcome packs,after all a director is meant to keep an eye on his company and he has a distinct lack of interest in it now, he hasnt been on for nearly a month, How long does it take to switch on a computer, and have a quick look at whats happening, if he cant spare 30 mins in a month, and has employed !!?? mods that insult members,some of the mods try to keep the peace, but they seem to be in the minority, it really doesnt look good for the future of that club

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 23:46 #18 

Zeb
Starbug...you are of course quite correct....but we happen to know that in your case you are perfectly well educated, intelligent, charming, witty and have a high degree of social eptness. :)

The same cannot be said of everyone who frequents the forums.

Posted 08 Jul 2010, 06:32 #19 

starbug2
Zeb wrote:Starbug...you are of course quite correct....but we happen to know that in your case you are perfectly well educated, intelligent, charming, witty and have a high degree of social eptness. :)

The same cannot be said of everyone who frequents the forums.

i don't know about that :clap: :lol: :cheers: :scotland:

Posted 08 Jul 2010, 08:12 #20