Help with HK setup by stubie

stubie
I have just purchased a full HK kit from ebay for a nice price of £65 quid

Alas I have been informed that there is no wiring loom, and the car has or will be crushed, how difficult it it to wire up to the main speaker loom?

Stubs

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 21:52 #1 

Mad-Monkey
stubie wrote:I have just purchased a full HK kit from ebay for a nice price of £65 quid

Alas I have been informed that there is no wiring loom, and the car has or will be crushed, how difficult it it to wire up to the main speaker loom?

Stubs

The connectors are available from RS Components, the part numbers are on the other forum, I did write them down but now cant find them :em: Wiring them in, isn't overly difficult, just need to pay attention to the wiring diagrams.

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 06:29 #2 

stubie
Thanks Monk I may be speaking to you quite a lot in the future.

Stubs

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 06:41 #3 

Mad-Monkey
stubie wrote:Thanks Monk I may be speaking to you quite a lot in the future.

Stubs

I investigated it a lot, but during my investigations got hold of a complete HK loom, so never had to alter my loom. I will see if I can dig out the wiring diagrams for you if you need them.

I still haven't fitted my loom :em: Speakers and Sub are installed, but the loom is in a box :mrgreen:

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 06:52 #4 

Duncan
If I can offer any tips, give me a prod as well. Have made up two looms although only one actually connected at the moment.

The connectors are here:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/sear ... 3909&Nty=1

look at the 070 series multilock. The 040 are much smaller.

Other than that, a few tips:

Use twisted pairs of wire for the audio signals from the radio to the amp, and back to the speakers.

You will need the four way connector for the subwoofer, and an adaptor for the radio end, depending on whether you have harmony or symphony.

You also need to get power down to the amplifier, and a signal tp switch the amp on. Other than that it's quite simple: 8 wires (2 per channel) take the signal to the amp, another 8 bring it back from the amp to connect to the speaker wires.

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 13:33 #5 

stubie
Very informative Duncan thanks.

Stubs

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 22:02 #6