Help needed by susan hosey (Page 1 of 2)

susan hosey
Hi everyone,

I have had a slight mis hap with the husbands car, I caught the bumper on a kerb stone whilst reversing it and somehow it has damaged the headlight washer system, so I need a connector that goes from one of the washers on the drivers side into a T shape which connects into the piping.

I hope someone can help me locate one as I have had no luck so far

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 18:48 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Hi Susan
I'm pretty sure someone will be able to help you with this part.
Welcome to the community.

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 18:57 #2 

susan hosey
Thank you Mick, I hope they can, The chap I took the car to after the bump said that it would probably be cheaper to sell the car than get the part fixed, it would be great to go back to him and rub his face in it!

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 19:04 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Typical comment from one that knows little about these cars and the tremendous following. One of our traders in used parts should be able to help. You may have to wait 24 hours as they are not here all the time.

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 19:10 #4 

hodgy
Try searching this site, or phone them. Very helpfull
http://www.ukmgparts.com/search.aspx...A=dnj000320pma
Best Regards

Alan

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 19:26 #5 

susan hosey
No luck there, they don't have any information on the headlight wash system

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 20:24 #6 

SMC Trading
I cant quite work out which part it is?, does anyone have a part number?

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 21:25 #7 

susan hosey
The man didnt give me a part number, but basically, it clips onto the washer jet behind the bumper, then goes into the washer fluid pipe

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 21:34 #8 

Arctic
(Trader)
Give Carlpenn a PM he should be able to pin point the part for you as he as just taken his bumper off to transfer the headlight washer system to his tourer.Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 23:23 #9 

Jules
(Trader)
Hi Susan
Nothing like that here I'm afraid.
Have you tried Rimmerbros? Les SMC Trading or Corin (Messenger)
If not you'll have to keep a watch out for a salvage Car with the washer system fitted.
If this was presented in my workshop I would probably come up with a "Jules Mod"
ie Utilising higher spec non standard parts.
After all it's just a tee piece at the end of the day.
This is a guess at the diameter, but I would use some 12mm internal ID rubber hose, to fit over the existing pipework, and source a bigger universal T piece and use 3 x 20mmish jubilee clips.
The above adaption could be utilised for good or until you source the OEM parts you require.
Good luck
Jules jma-cars.co.uk

Posted 14 Aug 2011, 08:48 #10 

susan hosey
Thanks Jules for the advice, the only problem is that the t piece is a special fitting onto the washer jet apparently, although i am just going by what the mechanic told me, i got the impression that he just wanted to get rid of me

Posted 14 Aug 2011, 18:15 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I am making a presumption that one of these (circled in red) is what you are after. Can you confirm? There is no part number shown for the pipework. This sort of thing should be available from any motor factor. fixing should be able to be achieved with a jubilee clip or similar. Don't quote me though as I have not seen the item in the plastic, only the diagram.
Screen Shot 2011-08-14 at 20.23.42.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 14 Aug 2011, 19:34 #12 

takestock
Would help if we knew where you are then one of us could have a look :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Aug 2011, 19:36 #13 

susan hosey
Hi Mick, that is indeed the part i need, unfortunately i think that my husband will have to sort it when he gets back so my secret wont be anymore!

I have sent a pm to messanger (i think) as i was told he has parts like this, but no luck at rimmers, Rover or even BMW (suggested to me by a work friend)

never mind

Posted 15 Aug 2011, 18:14 #14 

Lates
(Trader)
Just back from Jollies, unfortunately I do not have the part. Hope hubby isnt too hard on you !

Posted 24 Aug 2011, 18:55 #15 

Messenger
Susan,

I have this part.

Let me know if ou still need it.

Corin

Posted 24 Aug 2011, 19:02 #16 

susan hosey
Corin, I have replied to your message

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 17:09 #17 

takestock
Susan, look here, just what you need I think :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 04 Sep 2011, 16:54 #18 

Last edited by takestock on 04 Sep 2011, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

susan hosey
Thanks takestock, that could be perfect, and i would even have spares incase i do it again. Corin did message me that he had one but that was on the 24th last month and i only saw the message the other day as i had all but given up on finding one, hopefully he will still get back to me.I have the feeling that the ebay one will still go for a lot of money.

Posted 04 Sep 2011, 17:09 #19 

takestock
lets not tell anyone about it then ;) link removed :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 04 Sep 2011, 21:49 #20