HELP car not starting by lions123

lions123
help last night drove my rover 75 parked car for 10 mins came back turned key all light on dash but nothing no trying to turn over nothing then this morning went back with mate to see if it would jump put key in and started first time without jumping got home an hour later nothing again and nothing since just lights on dash but no turnover or noise nothing any help cheers

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 10:23 #1 

Bermudan 75
I am sure someone will be along shortly who will point you in the right direction.

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 10:51 #2 

Duncan
It could be a number of things. Get someone to listen under the bonnet. Is there a click from the starter motor?

If yes, its probably the contacts in the solenoid. If not it could be the white / red wire that goes to a terminal on the starter is loose. It could also be a relay inside the immobiliser box, or the ignition switch. You would neeed a multimeter to trace which of these it was.

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 11:23 #3 

lions123
duncan you are a star had a look at starter motor and saw the red and white wires were loose so pushed the in and bang car starts first time agian my baby is alive lol thanks again

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 12:14 #4