heated driver seat not working by davem

davem
hi again
yes i have some issues with my 75

the heated seat light comes on but the seat doesnt warm up

ive checked the wiring and it all seems to be were it should be. also there is an airbag warning light on the dashboard and wonder if this is anything to do with the heated seat wiring

any suggestions

thanks dave

Posted 17 Nov 2014, 11:46 #1 

Trebor
Does the passenger side work , if not check the fuse.

The wiring under the seat looks as below, and as there are 2 elements, one in the base and another in the back it is unlikely that they have both failed, although please note that the OEM heated seats are poor and take an age to come on

The fuse should be 20 amp and in either position 25 or 49 depending on what type of fusebox you have
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 17 Nov 2014, 14:14 #2 

davem
hi thank you for the information i will take out the seat and check all the wiring

many thanks
dave

Posted 17 Nov 2014, 16:19 #3 

Duncan
Although the workshop manual says they are wired in parallel I'm pretty sure they are actually in series. Otherwise there would have to be a thermostat in both parts. Your photo, Rob, seems to confirm it. So that means that yes, only one (cushion or backrest) has probably failed but it would stop the other element working.

Posted 17 Nov 2014, 18:12 #4