Got my pop corn ready... by raistlin (Page 1 of 2)

raistlin
... for the resumption of the Chris Huhne trial on 14th January.

I wonder what he will pull out of the bag this time?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 Jan 2013, 17:42 #1 

raistlin
Well, whatever it was, the trial will now start on Monday 4th February.

There's been an awful lot of 'goings-on' in Court 3 at Southwark Crown Court though, as this case has been in the list 'For mention' at least five times since 14th January, unfortunately, all hearings were under the auspices of an order made pursuant to the Contempt of Court Act 1981 :(
Paul

Posted 28 Jan 2013, 15:37 #2 

takestock
He He He
I take it he suddenly remembered then
:D :D :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 04 Feb 2013, 21:31 #3 

raistlin
Like most of the scumbags Dave, he tried every delaying tactic and spurious application he could and then, on the morning of the trial, checked that the witnesses had actually attended and then decided to plead guilty to get 10% off his sentence.

I don't normally have a good word for the CPS but in this case, good on them for sticking to their guns.

I await the sentencing with more than a little 'professional' (for want of a better word) interest ;)
Paul

Posted 04 Feb 2013, 22:01 #4 

Jumper
Words like “Yippeeeeeee!”, “Yes, get in!”, “Gothcha you creepy twerp!” spring to mind.

But there remains his ex-wife, the wife who didn’t know he was going over the side while he was persuading her to take his come-uppance: while he was pressuring her to perjure herself and run the risk of a prison sentence for him (she still might by the way): while he was regaling everyone with “I am innocent of these charges and I look forward to going to court where I know a jury will totally exonerate me and restore my good name”.

Then he has the blatant hypocrisy to stand on the court steps like a latter day saint or some Billy Graham figure, spouting without a hint of irony, how he “has taken the responsibility for what happened” and will “be resigning his seat” as if he were the greatest martyr since Joan of Arc.
It can't have had any effect, of course, that his own son had threatened to testify against him.

It also rankles that his colleagues and ‘friends’ knew all along what was happening but failed to do anything then, now, and in future. How they have the nerve to offer themselves for election beats me. It’s so hard not to swear.

Blow it, why not? Yippeeeeeeee! Yes, get in! Gotcha you creepy twerp!

Posted 04 Feb 2013, 23:21 #5 

Bermudan 75
So he has now resigned as MP after he admitted perverting the course of justice. He has lied for 10 years over this matter, so how about giving hima 10 year jail term?

Posted 05 Feb 2013, 00:48 #6 

Jaygee
Rover418275 wrote:So he has now resigned as MP after he admitted perverting the course of justice. He has lied for 10 years over this matter, so how about giving hima 10 year jail term?

Or how about making him pay the costs of his lying that the taxpayer will have to foot....
He has known all along he was guilty, so how much time and money has his lies cost the taxpayer...
Member No: 155 Image

Posted 05 Feb 2013, 10:25 #7 

raistlin
His defence costs are estimated between £300 000 and £500 000.

Something which hasn't been reported yet is one of the reasons why Huhne will be sentenced at an unspecified later date.

If Pryce is found not guilty using the defence of marital coercion, then the sentencing Judge would be entitled to 'take Judicial Notice' of it as an aggravating factor in Huhne's sentence.
Paul

Posted 05 Feb 2013, 11:11 #8 

Last edited by raistlin on 05 Feb 2013, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

Trebor
far few to little number of MPs in prison in my opinion, they should have their own dedicated wing
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 05 Feb 2013, 12:34 #9 

raistlin
Vicky Pryce was in the witness box (no, she didn't "take the stand", this being the UK Judiciary and not an island off the USA) today and apparently gave good account of herself. A friend of mine was in Court and was impressed with the way she dealt with the prosecutor.

BTW - guess who had 9 points on his license when he got that last, fatal, speeding ticket :lol:

On that particular stretch of motorway, of course, there are so many cameras, warning signs, road markings etc. that it would be the act of a foolish man to assume he could speed with impunity. Foolishness... or breathtaking arrogance?
Paul

Posted 05 Feb 2013, 18:55 #10 

Arctic
(Trader)
This is where you will see one rule for one and another rule other people i doubt anything will come of it not real justice anyways
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 06 Feb 2013, 01:27 #11 

raistlin
Arctic wrote:This is where you will see one rule for one and another rule other people i doubt anything will come of it not real justice anyways

I hope not Steve, else that indicates that every member of the Judiciary, including yours truly, is corrupt :(
Paul

Posted 06 Feb 2013, 06:44 #12 

Borg Warner
Was thinking why he would do his best to get out of it. So he would have been banned under the totting up procedure. So what? Bit of bad press, a few months off the road but a driver at tax payers expensive. Could have got blathered every night in bars of the House. At the tax payers expense. Now he'll go down. At the tax payers expense.

Suspect he'll get a lengthy term Paul, how long do you think?

Gary

Posted 06 Feb 2013, 22:11 #13 

Arctic
(Trader)
raistlin wrote:
Arctic wrote:This is where you will see one rule for one and another rule other people i doubt anything will come of it not real justice anyways

I hope not Steve, else that indicates that every member of the Judiciary, including yours truly, is corrupt :(

Paul.
Not really it just means some peoples hands are tied its not like if you do this you get that ie house break and you are going to do 3 years and you do the 3 years same as this he will not get the max and he will only do half the sentence write a book about being inside and make a fortune :( times indeed
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 07 Feb 2013, 03:20 #14 

raistlin
Eight months each. Just about right, I think.
Paul

Posted 11 Mar 2013, 17:28 #15 

Jumper
Seems rather odd. I thought a 10% reduction in sentence was 'awarded' for a guilty plea. The charge was the same in both cases and he peaded guilty at the start of his trial. On that basis he should have received 10% lesser penalty? Grinding small and exceeding slow? Either way, it won't be Holloway or Long Lartin.

Posted 11 Mar 2013, 19:39 #16 

raistlin
But he was adjudged the more culpable Jumper, so 9 months reduced to 8.
Paul

Posted 11 Mar 2013, 20:29 #17 

Borg Warner
But out in four?

Oh well at least they both got something. She must be absolutely livid?

Gary M.

Posted 11 Mar 2013, 21:36 #18 

Jumper
raistlin wrote:But he was adjudged the more culpable Jumper, so 9 months reduced to 8.

I see. That rounds it off rather neatly then. Nifty footwork. I felt as though I was seeing things rather more in black & white than I should have.
So Ms. Pryce did go to Holloway after all. Bet it’s only for one night though, and then off to somewhere in, say, Suffolk.
She is, of course, just as guilty as he is and although I’ve nothing but disgust for him, I can’t help feeling just a bit sorry for her. I suppose that’s my femin… No, scrub that.

Posted 11 Mar 2013, 23:41 #19 

Bermudan 75
Trebor wrote:far few to little number of MPs in prison in my opinion, they should have their own dedicated wing

Nice idea, but it would soon be filled, just convert Westminster into a prison.....

Posted 12 Mar 2013, 06:08 #20