Free Ad aware ? by Trebor

Trebor
I used to run both Spybot and Ad aware on both my pcs to compliment the internet security i have with McAfee, and then stopped just trusting McAfee to do the job, but as i believe it doesnt remove certain security risks that the other 2 programmes do then i want to start using them again.

No problem with Spybot, easy to find and download, but Ad aware appears to have transposed itself into a free Internet Security programme at around 86mb, which i dont want or need.

Does anyone know if the old Ad aware programme still exists to download or if not could somebody recommend a free and trusted programme to do the same ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 25 Jan 2011, 22:58 #1 

empsburna
Go for Microsoft Security Essentials. That is a good all in one package and what I recommend for people over the old AVG/SpyBot setup.

Posted 26 Jan 2011, 11:30 #2 

JohnDotCom
It is only now available as a whole package for download not as a stand alone product anymore I'm afraid.
A great shame for many.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 26 Jan 2011, 13:01 #3 

Gren 24
Hi Trebor,

Put a link below it is free and I am told it is vary good also Webuser which is a computer magazine also recommends it.
Hope it will be of help to you.

Les

http://www.spywareterminator.com/

Forgot to say, just download where it says download.That is the one without the Anti-virus.If you need a free antivirus just read down and that is also free.

Posted 26 Jan 2011, 16:53 #4