For the railway modellers among us by raistlin

raistlin
I know there are one or two :)

How's this for detail?

Not mine, I hasten to add. This is the work of a modeller in the USA called Chuck Doan.

Just imagine a model railway with that level of detail :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 17 Oct 2013, 19:05 #1 

Mad-Monkey
:shock::shock::D

Smashing!

Posted 17 Oct 2013, 19:25 #2 

zojosc
I used to make dolls houses (when my eyes were a little better) and prided myself on the lots of extra detail I put in but this is just incredible, a true master at work.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 18 Oct 2013, 05:52 #3 

Bermudan 75
Had Paul not said it was a model.....amazing :-o

Cheers

Mike

Posted 19 Oct 2013, 10:10 #4 

raistlin
I've spent some time looking at the guy's website and have to say that I'm gobsmacked. I thought my model railway had reasonable detail but, hellfire, this bloke's abilities are spooky :)
Paul

Posted 19 Oct 2013, 13:28 #5 

carlpenn
Paul, I completely forgot you had a Model Railway - Elliot would have loved to have seen that !!

The Picture is without doubt, a masterpiece. I am astounded by the level of attention and details that modellers put into their Railways. I had been looking at making a small Shunting Yard for Elliot but never seem to get round to starting :(
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 19 Oct 2013, 15:53 #6 

raistlin
carlpenn wrote:Paul, I completely forgot you had a Model Railway - Elliot would have loved to have seen that !!

You know, I didn't give it a thought Carl. It's all DCC with sound enabled locomotives so he could have done some driving and getting the horns working etc :)

Happy to let him have a go anytime you want mate :)
Paul

Posted 19 Oct 2013, 16:11 #7 

carlpenn
raistlin wrote:
carlpenn wrote:Paul, I completely forgot you had a Model Railway - Elliot would have loved to have seen that !!

You know, I didn't give it a thought Carl. It's all DCC with sound enabled locomotives so he could have done some driving and getting the horns working etc :)

Happy to let him have a go anytime you want mate :)

That's very kind Paul, I shall arrange a time / date with you sometime in the Future :)

He would absolutely love it :D
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 20 Oct 2013, 09:27 #8