FBH Pump by sewerman

sewerman
Now I've got PCB (Printed Circuit Board) on the FBH (Fuel burning heater.) changed I've found the dosing pump is dead. Gentle tapping with a rubber mallet had no effect so new pump required. Looking on flea bay there's a number of webasto dosing pumps so my question is what pump model is the rovers and as they all look similar is another model suitable to use .
Thanks Scott
Royal Blue Rover 75 CDT Tourer

Posted 08 Nov 2016, 08:25 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Scott.
The Freelander TD4 uses the same pump, you are looking for a Thomas Magnete 89372A 12V pump few links below but they are not cheap, used one off a diesel might better,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=8 ... noapp=true
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 08 Nov 2016, 11:39 #2 

sewerman
Thanks Steve
I was searching for webasto fuel pumps. Will be a second hand one first off as I need to check everything else is working, the FBH runs when pin 3 earthed and when outside is <5c but that's no guarantee it'll fire up!

Posted 08 Nov 2016, 13:07 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
sewerman wrote:Thanks Steve
I was searching for webasto fuel pumps. Will be a second hand one first off as I need to check everything else is working, the FBH runs when pin 3 earthed and when outside is <5c but that's no guarantee it'll fire up![/quote
]

Scott you may get a second hand one from one of the traders on the OC club, Holland is your best bet or Mickyboy say Arctic referred you, what makes you think it is not working fire it up by earth the unit and listen for the clicking sound at the rear OS wheel.

IF it is clicking them the pump should be working, ok and it will fire up if below 5c we are just in the process of adding a timer to Stefs car as he had a T80 remote from his old car, but what a pita of a job
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 08 Nov 2016, 15:07 #4 

sewerman
Thanks Steve I'll have a look over there. pump makes no noise at all the main unit pump runs and I've left it a good 5 min's and gently tapping the dosing pump as it hasent run for at least 3 yrs I'm guessing its dead.

Want to fit a remote / timer when it's working but will be an aftermarket one.

Posted 08 Nov 2016, 20:04 #5