ERISING 962D -1st fit by ceedy (Page 2 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

ceedy
its doesn't get any better !!!

Got round to fitting the new unit in the ZT on Wednesday ..

Everything worked for about 5 minutes .. then GPS went dead. :panic:

All the other features work very well .. but just no SAT signal being received ..

System monitor does no get anything on the GPS, its should the DATA flow,
and the Satelite screen is empty

Tried all sorts with no result ..So back into the Emailing loop with the supplier !! :evil:
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 15 Oct 2010, 18:37 #21 

ceedy
Well after all this time I've finally got a replacement GPS board for this from the supplier
like I had for the first unit.

But this time it seems to have sorted it all out..

I'm getting quite good at these now! :lol:

Everything seems to be working ok at the moment . its been a nightmare !!
esp. after the dear grandkids knocked it over whilst in pieces and broke a ribbon cable arrg :hissyfit:

I wonder how long it will work ?? ... should I keep it or get shot of it while its all ok ???

chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 04 Nov 2010, 14:15 #22 

ceedy
Been missing of the forum for quite a while .. life has been getting in the way..
( new roof on house, new central heating, TLC for my X19..) empty wallet !! :( :lol:

Well from the previous post you can se how long this has been going on ..

in jan 2011 I changed the battery as the original one was getting tad tired .
And when I switched the car back on... the GPS had stopped working !! ?? :mad1: :hissyfit:
Must have been the battery change. I did leave everything plugged in as normal .

But same symptoms as before..

So since then I have been regularly emailing 1 a week to various ebay links for the supplier
OTTER SHOP, with no replies .

Then last week I get a bite!! And guess they thinks its the GPS board!! , so looks like I may get another to fit in .. hopefully..

I wrote a long Guide on EBAY Ebay about all this and the pitfalls of buying overseas,
and have had over dozen peeps contact and thank me for it?.
Maybe Otter shop have read it ? :-D and decided to help at last ?

we will see.

The rest of the kit works perfectly, DVD/BLUtoof/Freeview etc ,the radio is superb.
but that GPS!!! GRRRR!!

Chris

Posted 10 May 2011, 08:44 #23 

ceedy
Seems even the incrutibles can get their knickers tangled..

there is a whole GPS board on the way from China .. But today for some reason 2 tiny SMD IC's turned up in the post from SUNTEK in the UK ( I think they are the UK site) ?
The little chip is found on my 2 spare( 1 duff 1 maybe) GPS boards from previous failures. So maybe a couple more chances of getting it going again ?? but no intructions just 2 8 legged chips 5 mm square in a packet..
I don't mind putting them in, a bit fiddly , but its a such a pain striping the unit down to do the GPS board., as this one is all soldered in. think I will get a connector like those in Seans units.
As its such a consumable device :lol:

Chris

Posted 14 May 2011, 14:32 #24 

ceedy
The inscrutables have not bothered to reply recently ... :evil:
So got hold of an inline connecter and fitted to the main board and PCB (Printed Circuit Board) headers ..
to repair the GPS Board pins .. ( plug n play now!! :lol:

Popped the 2 EPROMS on the 2nd and 3rd failed GPS boards..

So now got 3 .. and 2 of them work !!!! yipppeee..

Mow to put it all back in the Car !! :roll:

Chris

Posted 22 Jun 2011, 12:54 #25 

ceedy
Its still working ...nearly 6 months ..

well I care !! :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :gmc:

Posted 25 Oct 2011, 13:15 #26 

Mick
(Site Admin)
That's quite a saga, glad it has all worked out in the end. :)

Posted 25 Oct 2011, 14:42 #27 

ceedy
Sigh!!!!! its gone again !!! locked up last night , then again this morning and now no signal from the GPS ...

Been perfect for month & months .

bound to be the GPS board.. :mad1:

Slight daft menu setup ,as if there no signal ?? you cannot go onto to the next step to do the signal test ? .. :confused:

tools out for summer!!! ;) ;)

Posted 11 Apr 2012, 13:30 #28 

ceedy
Well whipped it out ... ooer!!

Put the last GPS board ( one I repaired) (the small board at the top in view) ,
in and its all ok again ..

But looking at the old GPS board it looks like it was getting a bit hot ..

I had an Insulator stuck on with a hot glue gun and the glue has melted and run down the board .

Being buried in the dash along with the heating ducts can't help, there's can't be a lot of airflow down there .

Also this Unit has a place for a tiny fan but nothing in it !!

So let mod..! :whump:
Before :...

and after :

Can just hear a faint whirring when everything is quiet , but nothing in normal use ..
Hopefully these will help ?? we will see ? ;)

:gmc:

Posted 11 Apr 2012, 17:23 #29