End of Ownership by MN190

MN190
After nearly 14 years time has run out on the 190. [DISAPPOINTED FACE]
A combination of an uninsured, unregistered car reversing into the rear quarter, back door and an overheating problem that is related to one of the back cylinders.
Will strip the saleable working parts and sell on and the rest of car will go to scrapman.
I did look at replacing it with a 260 but the head has won for now and collect a VW CC on Monday.

Posted 06 May 2016, 18:52 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
That's a sad end Mark, but needs must. Keep in touch.

Posted 06 May 2016, 19:50 #2 

Trebor
sorry to see this Mark but as a ZT solar red owner I might be interested in some of the bits, and particularly the bonnett if the paintwork is good
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 May 2016, 08:37 #3 

MN190
The paintwork is poor with lots of laquer peel, The front inside edge of the bonnet is stating to shows signs of rust. I have a replacement which is better but also has laquer peel but I haven't fully checked it yet.

Posted 07 May 2016, 11:17 #4 

MN190
The bits that will get removed are the upgrades I have fitted plus inlet manifold, xenon headlamps etc

Posted 07 May 2016, 11:27 #5 

MN190
Update on progress
Have started stripping the parts off - bullet powerfolds are in the for sale section

The new car is growing on me
Its very refined, quiet, smooth even with 19" lower profile wheels than the ZT and more spacious.
The auto box is effortless and responds exactly to how much pressure you put on the accelerator.
Plenty of power when you want it and anything other than a standing start is faster then the 190.
Its probably not a fair or like for like comparison as there are 12 years between the two cars

Posted 22 May 2016, 23:33 #6