Contacting facebook? by Duncan

Duncan
Probably a futile question to which I reckon I know the answer? FB refuse to accept my new email address even though I know it's valid. However I can't contact anyone or anything to get it looked at. Anyone know if it's possible to talk to them? It would be nice to keep in touch with some old friends, but if I can't I guess it's had its time....

Posted 16 Aug 2013, 20:42 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I read what you were saying on FB. Why not set up a Google or whoever email account just to get the notifications from FB. In any event you are still a valid user changing your email address does not restrict your use of the site, you can also inform all your FB friends of your new address.

Posted 16 Aug 2013, 20:48 #2 

Duncan
Thanks Mick, I'm just concerned that once the current email address becomes invalid and all the tosh they send starts getting bounced, they will suspend the account. I suppose I could set up some other account just for this, but it's a little bit rubbish when they allow you to enter an invalid email address such as nobody@nobody.com, but not a valid one (which incidentally doesn't start with info, admin or any of the apparently banned addresses)

Posted 16 Aug 2013, 20:57 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Is it because it's a disposable address and therefore disallowed by default?
You could bite the bullet and use your BT address or preferably an alias on your BT account

Posted 16 Aug 2013, 21:08 #4 

Duncan
It could be because it's a disposable address, but there's nothing anywhere to say this. I've searched help, the forums and the internet. Nothing. If I could contact them, and confirm this is the problem, at least I'd know.

But then the one they use is a disposable address, albeit from Yahoo. BT are deleting all of the existing aliases provided by Yahoo, and making anyone who uses them make new ones. So as I'm leaving BT now I have no reason to stay, but plenty to go, they will want to charge me to keep even the normal one.

I guess setting up something like a rocketmail address just for FB might be the way I have to go, but why are they happy with this, but not alternatives that achieve the same?

Posted 17 Aug 2013, 08:35 #5 

Trebor
You could always try the forum Duncan and ask a question, it looks like FB dont want direct contact

http://www.facebook.com/help/220217228006012
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 17 Aug 2013, 10:32 #6 

WillyHeckaslike
What is a disposable address? :confused:

Posted 17 Aug 2013, 11:14 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
A disposable address is one you can set up that is used for forwarding mail to another account and is not permanent in the sense you can abandon it without loss of your main account.
Google "disposable email" for multiple examples.

Posted 17 Aug 2013, 11:20 #8 

WillyHeckaslike
I think that I will have to look closer at what my email provider offers, I know it offers a number of alias accounts but I'm not sure if that is the same thing. :thumbsup:

Posted 17 Aug 2013, 11:29 #9 

Jürgen
Have a look at spamgourmet for example.

Posted 17 Aug 2013, 11:40 #10 

Duncan
Yes, spamgourmet is one service. I use e4ward. With e4ward, the return addresses are controlled so any replies yousend, appear to come from your alias / disposable address.

I think I may have sorted it by using a new yahoo account.

Posted 17 Aug 2013, 14:08 #11 

WillyHeckaslike
Thanks Jug and Dunc, I will look at both of your suggestions. :)

Posted 17 Aug 2013, 18:05 #12 

raistlin
Thanks Jürgen, that's very useful :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 17 Aug 2013, 18:44 #13