Clubs trader subs up 200% :-0 by baconbuttyman (Page 1 of 2)

baconbuttyman
Excuse my rant and moan, i had to get this out and if i do it over the road they would simply close and delete the thread, Mick feel free to remove this if you so wish i just need a moan.
They are putting trader subs up from £65 per year to £200 !!! whats up with that,, a 200% increase, thats outragous :mad1:

I dont seel enough laptops on there to warrent paing the increase, i can now list 6 items per month as a standard member, so i will save myself £50 a year and do it that way, wont be long til they get complaints that an ex trader is in essence, still trading but for a tenner.

i feel i am getting priced out of the trader status over there, quite a few things have annoyed me on the club atm and the members deserve better.

sorry guys rant over
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 10:28 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
In commercial terms a rate of £200.00 per year is not exorbitant for advertising to a potential audience numbering many thousands. However there are very few small traders that make that over a year. As I understand it there is a lower charge for those that do not need all the facilities offered at the higher rate.
Having said that, I can see very little reason other than profit for the Ltd. company. There is no added value for the members per se.
Advertising here is of course free of charge and as with all things Community will remain so. We are definitely a proper non profit organisation, which was the ethos we signed up to when we joined the OC.

Please don't turn this topic into means to berate the OC. they do what they do, for whatever reasons. That is their prerogative, as it is the prerogative of all current traders on the OC to make their own decisions as to whether to comply.

IMNSHO a charge of no more than £100.00 per year for full trader options on the OC would be the sensible way to proceed, considering the alleged enormous outgoings to keep the club running. (I'll take my tongue out of my cheek in a moment).

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 10:51 #2 

baconbuttyman
Mick i dont intent to slag the club off, i paid the £65 per year, the lower rate, but they are hiking it up to £200 from £65.
how would i go about becoming a trader here Mick???

agreed, £100 would be more amenable figure
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 11:12 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
All you have to do is ask, there is no charge as we are a non profit organisation. What we do ask is that you make a donation to the community funds as and when, entirely dependant on your sales and no other criteria.

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 11:20 #4 

baconbuttyman
Can i trade on your forums please, i will donate a % after each sale, how is that :thumbsup: :cheers:

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 11:22 #5 

JohnDotCom
Just PM Mick (as he is around more than most Admins) and I'm sure he will give permission and turn your status to Trader.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 11:26 #6 

baconbuttyman
pm sent

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 11:28 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Done. :)

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 11:34 #8 

Tourerfogey
Just out of idle curiosity - I wonder if the 'mods' who trade over there wil be expected to pay the same . . .

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 12:38 #9 

Zeb
Well the unsubscribed members who have made more than 10 contributory posts are now not allowed to sell at all..:D I am just amazed it took them so long to close the loophole... One does have to ask the question of WHY the Traders' subs have been hiked so much and how it will benefit the members....it being a non-profit-making Ltd. Co. 'n' all....

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 13:59 #10 

JohnDotCom
That was my first thought to Zeb, or could it be not enough mortals are now paying subscriptions having seen the light?
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 15:55 #11 

Tourerfogey
I'm so tempted to make a comment but it's probably better that I don't . . .

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 16:39 #12 

JohnDotCom
I know you want to TF, and can also probally imagine what keys you would tap. ;)
John

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 16:43 #13 

RRobson
Zeb wrote:Well the unsubscribed members who have made more than 10 contributory posts are now not allowed to sell at all..:D

really? such a shame...
ah well, at least i managed to sell anything i had left over :D more seriously, yes, surprised it has taken so long to eradicate this privilege. will be interesting (for those who care obviously) to know where the money is going...
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 20:09 #14 

baconbuttyman
does it cost to get the info from companies house

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 20:11 #15 

Zeb
baconbuttyman wrote:does it cost to get the info from companies house

Yes...I have what little info was available....not worth the cost....they manage to exempt themselves from publishing almost everything..:(

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 20:28 #16 

Pedro
Zeb wrote:

Yes...I have what little info was available....not worth the cost....they manage to exempt themselves from publishing almost everything..:(

But did you notice that the last accounts that were submitted were more than six months late? That's a £1,500 late filing penalty.
Peter

If all else fails......read the instructions.

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 22:50 #17 

baconbuttyman
can i have a copy guys please

Posted 03 Jul 2011, 07:58 #18 

baconbuttyman
or a company number

Posted 03 Jul 2011, 07:59 #19 

Zeb
Pedro wrote:
Zeb wrote:

But did you notice that the last accounts that were submitted were more than six months late? That's a £1,500 late filing penalty.

Hmmm....I had not...but then I accessed the info some while back....so may have been before that?

Posted 03 Jul 2011, 08:23 #20