Charity fatigue. by raistlin

raistlin
I got home from work today to find no less than sixteen, different, "Charity clothes collection" plastic sacks through the letterbox :em:

Just for the hell of it, I tried to trace some of the so-called charities, coming up with information on only two.

British Heart Foundation were surprised to hear that they were having a clothes collection in this area when I telephoned to check as they haven't run such a campaign for many months in the area so clearly a forgery there.

RNLI confirmed that they were, in fact, having an official collection in this area.

So, fourteen out of sixteen were non-existent, one was a forgery and only one out of the sixteen was genuine :evil:

Are there no depths to which the despicable will not sink? Clearly, they are making enough to make it worth investing in the plastic sacks and printed leaflets which accompany them.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Mar 2011, 19:28 #1 

starbug2
we get no end ,mostly ignore them of late . in the past some we put out never got collected any way. most we have never heard of :whump: :mad1:

Posted 10 Mar 2011, 19:39 #2 

JohnDotCom
I just use them to put rubbish in, isn't that what they are for?

When I want to give to charity I choose and how.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 10 Mar 2011, 20:19 #3 

Bermudan 75
We view them as our regular local delivery of free bin liners. :thumbsup:

Posted 11 Mar 2011, 08:24 #4