Cdt tourer auto 2002 by wild rover

wild rover
Earlier in March I followed the excellent pictorial instruction by Artic to replace the intercooler Viton rings. I also replaced the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve) , the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) unit and iinstalled a Ron box which called for the replacement of the MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) sensor. I noted a marked overall improvement in the cars response. More recently I noted an accumulation of contaminated oil deposits at and around where the Viton rings were installed. I read that the adding of a third Viton ring by Artic could better this Union and attempted this but was unable to achieve the positive click when pushing the rigid pipe into its housing so I reverted to two new rings and completed the work. On test the improvement was remarkable but at a few miles out there was an audible thump or pop from the engine area and a large cloud of exhaust smoke could be seen from the exhaust. The temporary instant response I had a few minutes earlier was gone and the engine was back to a fairly
pedestrian performance. Any firm acceleration produced black exhaust smoke.. This car has completed 64k miles - not exactly astronomical. It would be a bitter blow if the turbo was faulty. Could I impose on any member's experience to give me some direction?. Many thanks Wild Rover

Posted 15 Nov 2014, 21:01 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Jim.
I would be inclined to check the O-rings yet again as it seem they are not seating right, and may have blown again if not check all the intercooler hoses for splits, because if you even have a tiny split in an hose when under boost it will open up more and please report back with your findings, Oh and check the bend for security fitting Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 16 Nov 2014, 04:14 #2 

wild rover
Indebted Artic. Will report in due course. J

Posted 16 Nov 2014, 22:08 #3