CDT NOT WELL...... new oil cooler time. by 1gp

1gp
well cars gone this week to my local garage freind , to have oil cooler fitted as it was filling exspantion bottle with oil . they have put a bio degreaser through the system, to flush it all out " really thick with it". all being well it will be ok . when the system is clean they can then check to see, if its sorted or if its the head gasket with a carbon monoxide test... fingers crossed :roll:

Posted 27 Nov 2010, 12:08 #1 

takestock
Sure that will be the problem, not heard of a HGF (Head Gasket Failure) on the diesel. :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 27 Nov 2010, 13:51 #2 

mel dawson
Hi 1gp,
I had same problem & it was the oil cooler on filter housing leaking oil into cooling system.

Cheers Mel.

Posted 27 Nov 2010, 21:19 #3 

1gp
well just hope its sorted on monday, as iam in the mg zr loan car from work , its a o6 plate and only done 14,000 miles drives well BUT the build quality is very poor , everything seems to have a plastic creak and the ride is very hard , and the seats give you mega back ache. it shows what good cars the 75 are and how well built they were .These two cars are worlds apart... at least my cars not out in all this snow at the min ;).

Posted 27 Nov 2010, 23:19 #4 

1gp
well all sorted now , and thankfully no hgf to worry about. seems the oil coolers on the cdti are a common problem , as the garage has fitted a few. also fitted a new pcv filter while they were at it .... just looked tonight and its mot time next month , joy of joys .... ;)

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 22:58 #5