BT Broadband and Phone by Mick

Mick
(Site Admin)
What don't they tell you?
BT anytime BB with free weekend calls is £ 16.00 p/m including the latest BT Router.
BT anytime BB with free weekend calls is £ 13.65 p/m if you keep your existing BT Router or use a 3rd part Router.
Line rental is also heavily discounted if you pay 12 months in advance £11.75 p/m as opposed to £15.45 p/m

This is for existing customers not just new sign ups as was always the case previously.

I thought I was already getting the best deal for BT anytime BB with free weekend calls which had a £ 5.50 discount, even so it was £22.85 plus line rental. Needless to say I was never offered a cheaper package automatically.
I am now £110.40 per year better off.

Posted 13 Jun 2013, 17:33 #1 

Mad-Monkey
I've paid my rental 12 months up as you have done. It's great, one less bill a month it feels like too! I have Infinity and got the first three months (I think) at £20. £27 after. Calls on the evening and weekend all included but I don't ring anyone, I use my mobile :) BT have some good deals now and again. I got a second line installed for free by taking the Infinity as well!

Posted 13 Jun 2013, 20:34 #2 

Zeb
Tescos' package is still cheaper...and no paying in advance shenanigans either... I stayed with BT on the outside chance that they will be faster / more reliable however...

Posted 14 Jun 2013, 05:42 #3 

Mad-Monkey
I wanted optic fibre though. Virgins cable is naff and anyone else is £££ or the service is crap. Unlimited downloads at 70mbps is amazing :-) I also get higher than advertised uploads at 30-40mbps.

Posted 14 Jun 2013, 06:23 #4 

Roverite
I went onto BB with BT just before Christmas and I was offered the features you list, because I was a new BB customer. It is costing me an extra £5.50 PM, over and above our original 'Anytime' phone plan, for about 18 months.

My payment in advance is due for renewal this year, but I am sure you have to apply for it again; it is not a natural 'roll over' and there are no reminders. If you don't renew, you will revert to the standard line rental. If you forget and renew after the expiry date, you will not be able to claim from the renewal date, only from the date you renew. So, if I am correct, you should make a note of the renewal date and pay the up-front payment a little ahead of the expiry date.

Roverite.

Posted 14 Jun 2013, 13:36 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks Colin, I was made aware of the deliberate lack of renewal for up front phone line payment notice by the sales person I spoke with. Reminder set in Ical.
It should also be noted that at year end BB renewal should be made manually as any special monthly discounts will not be applied automatically.

Posted 14 Jun 2013, 14:30 #6