Boo !!! by Lates

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Lates
(Trader)
Evening all. I hope you are all keeping well and haven't missed me too much.
Apologies for not being online much I will explain shortly.
Contrary to the rumour mill Pete and I are still actively running the website.

I sold my old house last year and moved out November whilst waiting for our new build to be finished. This ultimatly meant my office was boxed up (can't wait to do the accounts catching up!) and moved in temporarily with my fiancee.

Well as the press reported my day job was not going swimmingly well at the time, 100+ employees were given half hour to clear their desk. I was one of those (lucky in hindsight) So deep panic, new house, and wedding plans I find myself out of work ! big wth am I going to do. Took two weeks "holiday" and started a new job on the 12th November for the worlds most sucessful car manufacturer (at the minute)

Took my government minimum pay off and finally moved into our new home the weekend before Christmas. Big sigh of relief but hard graft to get sorted.

New job was settling well but then began a battle with Sky to get the TV and BB sorted. That took a life age and this week I am finally typing on the lappy connected to wifi without using my phone.

Soooo, brief synopsis, New job, New home, New wedding plans, wifi all the pieces are back together. I am on the radar albeit a busy radar I am here. Hope to catch you guys up soon.

Take care,
Lates

Posted 05 Mar 2013, 21:23 #1 

raistlin
Nice to see you back again Lates :)

Pleased to hear things are settling down.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 05 Mar 2013, 21:33 #2 

takestock
nice to hear things are on the up :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 05 Mar 2013, 21:33 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
That's some marathon, Lates. I did think of you when the Taxi firm went on the blink. Glad to hear things have worked out for the best.

Posted 05 Mar 2013, 21:38 #4 

Lates
(Trader)
Cheers guys. My new day job is a 100% less stress and aggro compared to the last. Feel more secure and the work has a few perks in the mix which is a nice touch. We only have one down side, the developers built a house that doesn't receive the best mobile signal but you can't have it all I guess. :)

Posted 05 Mar 2013, 21:47 #5 

Duncan
Good to hear from you. Are you at Whitley or Gaydon? I did wonder how you'd been affected by the Manganeze Bronze problems Almost took a job myself at JLR in 2011 but stayed up in Crewe for a while and moved to a place in Coventry (by the airport) this Jan instead. A new job can be really refreshing, can't it. You never know our paths might cross as we do a fair bit of work for JLR.

Posted 05 Mar 2013, 22:07 #6 

kandyman
Good to see you found your way back.

Dont forget your password again, just in case you do its ************

Posted 05 Mar 2013, 22:18 #7 

zojosc
Good to hear from you Lates, all the best for the wedding and future.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 06 Mar 2013, 06:40 #8 

Mad-Monkey
Good to hear things have worked out! Welcome back :)

Posted 06 Mar 2013, 07:25 #9 

podge
Nice to see things are working out at last.This old duffer has been absent for some time too,in fact the 75 is Sorned!,nothing wrong with it,just that 70 miles a day to work is cheaper in the VW!!

Posted 06 Mar 2013, 10:09 #10 

Bermudan 75
kandyman wrote:
Dont forget your password again, just in case you do its ************

....er hang on, that's my password as well... :lol:

Nice to hear of your good news.

Posted 06 Mar 2013, 18:55 #11 

Lates
(Trader)
Based in Whitley now a whole 1.4 miles from home. Quite often sit in the car waiting for it to warm up and more frequent oil changes a must. Good place to work currently working on the L405 (New Range Rover) but due to go on to X152 (F Type) in a few weeks. Took me 3 goes to get the password in so don't confuse me with more ****'s

Posted 07 Mar 2013, 21:52 #12 

Duncan
Lates wrote:Based in Whitley now a whole 1.4 miles from home. Quite often sit in the car waiting for it to warm up and more frequent oil changes a must. Good place to work currently working on the L405 (New Range Rover) but due to go on to X152 (F Type) in a few weeks. Took me 3 goes to get the password in so don't confuse me with more ****'s

One of my colleagues is working on JLR projects and was at Whitley yesterday.So far I have in house stuff to do but will be doing JLR projects soon I'm sure. I'm down on Middlemarch business park, by the airport, but 50 miles rather than 1.4 from home!

Posted 08 Mar 2013, 17:07 #13