Best news I've had in a long time. by raistlin

raistlin
Personal opinion based upon many years "in the job":-

Gove has been kicked out of education. The best news I am likely to hear today :D

I know nothing about Ms Morgan, the new incumbent, except to say that she can not possibly do as much damage as Gove did. Nice to see he's been made chief whip where he can't really break things he knows nothing about.

As I said, personal opinion from somebody who has been a lecturer for far too many years :lol:

The fact that Ken Clarke has finally been pensioned off is some cause for relief as well ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Jul 2014, 16:28 #1 

DaveyC
I totally agree with Gove going being great news. It could only be trumped (for me) by Pickles keeling over...........

Posted 16 Jul 2014, 05:32 #2 

PaulT
The next issue of Private Eye will have a field day - Cameron 'this is not a demotion'. Wonder if any of the press photographers got any pics of May doing cartwheels around the House.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 16 Jul 2014, 06:01 #3 

Jumper
Wouldn't mind betting there's nary a teacher in the land that is sorry to see him go. Mind you, he's only the latest in a long line of misfits in education - it seems to feed on Reformists.

An observation about this development: just what is wrong with men of a certain age and upwards that makes it necessary to ditch them in favour of women of fewer, nay, much fewer, years and with no discernible suitable experience in a given field? I believe government should comprise roughly equal numbers of both gender, but surely merit based on experience should play a part? Whatever happened to learning the ropes?

Posted 17 Jul 2014, 18:50 #4