ARRGH!! Other Drivers.... by Mad-Monkey

Mad-Monkey
Just been moving slowly (10mphish) through the traffic back to work and approaching a junction which splits to three lanes from two. Right hand for turning right only, left for left and ahead, and middle for ahead only. I was in the left hand lane patiently moving forwards to go straight on aware of the queue of traffic building in the right hand lane. This queue usually causes, and had done on this occasion, the middle lane to become blocked and out of use bar the first two cars which have enough room to split.

Some little scrote comes tearing down in the right hand lane obviously now hoping to move into the middle lane, saw it was blocked and took an opportunity to quickly push through a gap between me and the car in front, braking sharply, then squeezing through another gap to carry motoring on across the junction. Took me completely by surprise and I ended up hitting the kerb :hissyfit: Now I have two very lovely brand new very kerbed wheels!! The rim on the rear one is missing a good 1/8" across a 4" stretch, and some lovely scratches to the front :o :cry: :mad1:

Why in gods name do people have to be such ...... :mad1: (insert profanity of choice!) :confused: They only come as a complete set at the moment as they were only released last year on the new E-Class. Will have to look into a refurb :x Not good after less than two weeks of ownership! :hissyfit:

Rant over! :censored:

Posted 08 Oct 2010, 15:25 #1 

raistlin
Did you get the registration number David?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 08 Oct 2010, 15:48 #2 

Bernard
That is so annoying, you must be fuming.

That sort of occurrence makes me more likely to fit one of those video recording devices which can replay the last few minutes as evidence.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 08 Oct 2010, 15:56 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
That's a pain in the proverbial, I hope the culprit get his/her comeuppance and sooner rather than later

Posted 08 Oct 2010, 17:41 #4 

SpongeBob
Very very frustrating indeed David. If it's of any help we'll be announcing a very special deal tonight that may just come in useful. Still - the point though is that it shouldn't have happened in the first place :(

Posted 08 Oct 2010, 17:59 #5 

Jürgen
David, I empathise with you. Just too many <insert suitable word here> drivers on the road nowadays. :(

Posted 08 Oct 2010, 18:08 #6 

Mad-Monkey
Paul I didn't get the reg number I was in a state...

I've calmed down a bit now and inspected the damage properly. 1/8" was a bit of an exaggeration. Looks to between 1 and 2mm taken off the rim over 4", bit of a scuff and some scratching. Just looks worse as the alloys are all sparkly new.

Interested in the deal Simon, but not sure how the deal would work with me rolling up in a merc, when its a Rover/MG site :? Interested non the less and am looking for them to be refurbed for a good price.

Posted 08 Oct 2010, 18:20 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Monk wrote:Interested in the deal Simon, but not sure how the deal would work with me rolling up in a merc, when its a Rover/MG site :? Interested non the less and am looking for them to be refurbed for a good price.

Wheels are wheels I'm sure you will be welcomed regardless of which car is rolling on them. :D

Posted 08 Oct 2010, 18:46 #8 

raistlin
Monk wrote:Interested in the deal Simon

So are we all Simon :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 08 Oct 2010, 18:55 #9 

Duncan
Am now joining the orderly queue.....

Have a set of forked to be refurbed. Have one nice new one from Eamonn, but the others are less tidy.

Might even get my spare set of contours done if its a really good deal. Anyone wanting some crowns done can have a set that need doing...

Posted 08 Oct 2010, 19:20 #10