are you guys just a shadow of the club by the_doctor (Page 1 of 2)

the_doctor
:? i have been looking on both here and the club, i came here first and you guys kindly pointed me in the direction of the club altho as of yet unregistered.
but heres what i found, there a lot of hooha at the moment on the club and from what i have read, this stems from a rival site being set up (this one) and as a result you guys (mods) were banned, all credit to ya for setting this place up, its a decent look to it.
but, why do you guys insist on copying content and ideas from there, i know its a new site but you need to think outside the box, what threads are over there then they appear on here e.g.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=996 posted on 3 june and the original thread on the club was started on
13th of june http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=62522
you need to be original or whats the point of this place, thats my opinion from a new member. :confused: :confused: pointless

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 11:50 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I think you will find that if you plough back through the archives of the owners club forum and prior to that other MGR forums that there is nothing new in the threads you point out and all have been done before. These are recurrent themes that members like to add from time to time. If you can think of some new stuff that hasn't been done before in the ten or so years most of us have been involved in these forums then we will be grateful for your input.
So where and what is this car you picked up on Saturday. I'm sure that you will have lot's new to tell us about it.

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 11:56 #2 

the_doctor
collected yesterday, no pics as my camera is kaputt, lovely car, nice to drive, just need some wipers

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 11:59 #3 

Rammie
Hi, there is so much info you can tell us in the meantime until you get some piccies to post up.

What model is it?

Petrol / Diesel?

Colour?

Saloon / Tourer

We like to know these things, we're nosy like that you know :thumbsup: :cheers:
Brian

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 12:09 #4 

Tourerfogey
Please do not feed the troll.

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 12:21 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Tourerfogey wrote:Please do not feed the troll.

But he's our first and he's a pet. Got to feed your pets :).

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 12:28 #6 

jonjon77
Mick wrote:

But he's our first and he's a pet. Got to feed your pets :).

oh that made me laugh :clap:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 12:33 #7 

Rammie

I know, just trying to get him out of his cave! :roll:
Brian

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 12:34 #8 

Bernard
the_doctor wrote::?
you need to be original or whats the point of this place, thats my opinion from a new member. :confused: :confused: pointless

I think that is a reasonably fair point. I find it mildly annoying to find the same posts being made in all places. This is something that I try to avoid.

However, it's early days on here. I've no doubt we will progress. 8-)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 12:43 #9 

James.uk
If one has a question, it makes sense to post it on both forums in order to get max publicity, and hopefully, elicit quick replies. E.G. If my ZX had an engine problem, i would post on the Citroen site AND the Peugeot site as it has a Peugeot diesel engine fitted. :)

I seriously doubt the two sites will ever be entirely separate, peeps still belong the the "original" site that the "owners club" split from. No reason not too is there.. . :)

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 13:38 #10 

Duncan
Hi.

I know you are new here, but I have to say every post tries very hard to be controversial.

Have you registered over on the 75 forum? Are you being as controversial over there?

We are what we are. As I'm not welcome on the club site, I'm glad if things are posted here.

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 14:13 #11 

MrB
the_doctor wrote::? i have been looking on both here and the club, i came here first and you guys kindly pointed me in the direction of the club altho as of yet unregistered.
but heres what i found, there a lot of hooha at the moment on the club and from what i have read, this stems from a rival site being set up (this one) and as a result you guys (mods) were banned, all credit to ya for setting this place up, its a decent look to it.
but, why do you guys insist on copying content and ideas from there, i know its a new site but you need to think outside the box, what threads are over there then they appear on here e.g.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=996 posted on 3 june and the original thread on the club was started on
13th of june http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=62522

If I read that correctly it was posted on here 10 days before the Club site??? :oops:

If you want to use an example perhaps you should choose one which actually illustrates your point??

Also, if indeed you are new to both, you may not have noticed that this site went public around the time of that post on 3rd June.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 14:28 #12 

VMax1000
I can't see the point of argueing the subject. There are multiple forums around and they serve all sort of interests.

Some people are a member of more than one forum and will post similar post on them.
Is it duplication or exposure?

Can't we just get on with things and let the past be the past ??
Herman

http://www.two-sixties.com

Luck is tenacity of purpose

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 15:53 #13 

Zeb
I really hope that the good Doctor will join the other club I and others here belong to...it really needs people who will look closely and ask cogent questions and make 'outside of the box' suggestions. As you may have noticed such things are welcomed here - albeit with a pinch of salt right now you being so new 'n' all.. ;) ....comparatively speaking doing it on the other club site could, potentially be received there with an in-built paranoia or supposition as to your motives.......by SOME.....hopefully the more people who are prepared to do it the more the club 'leadership' will get used to it and come to welcome it as a 'good thing'. One should never waste good ideas after all.

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 16:51 #14 

Bernard
Zeb wrote:I really hope that the good Doctor will join the other club I and others here belong to...it really needs people who will look closely and ask cogent questions and make 'outside of the box' suggestions. As you may have noticed such things are welcomed here - albeit with a pinch of salt right now you being so new 'n' all.. ;) ....comparatively speaking doing it on the other club site could, potentially be received there with an in-built paranoia or supposition as to your motives.......by SOME.....hopefully the more people who are prepared to do it the more the club 'leadership' will get used to it and come to welcome it as a 'good thing'. One should never waste good ideas after all.

So you don't think that he's there already? ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 16:55 #15 

Zeb
Bernard wrote:
Zeb wrote:I really hope that the good Doctor will join the other club I and others here belong to...it really needs people who will look closely and ask cogent questions and make 'outside of the box' suggestions. As you may have noticed such things are welcomed here - albeit with a pinch of salt right now you being so new 'n' all.. ;) ....comparatively speaking doing it on the other club site could, potentially be received there with an in-built paranoia or supposition as to your motives.......by SOME.....hopefully the more people who are prepared to do it the more the club 'leadership' will get used to it and come to welcome it as a 'good thing'. One should never waste good ideas after all.

So you don't think that he's there already? ;)

He clearly is, hence his post...registered or otherwise. :D

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 16:59 #16 

geesmith
I never thought to look if there is an age limit for joining the club site. :confused:

Back to 'the-doctors' query, and by the way I hope your shin is knitting okay ;) .... I personally find it quite normal for persons to post similar articles to ones that are elsewhere, even identical ones. It doesn't seem like a majorly sinister thing does it? At worst someone has copied something.... which is a very sincere form of flattery.

I recently did some research on a fault that I had with my car and the same search brought up similar responses on several sites, even the exact same post titles. The posts on any similar sites can probably be traced back to an earlier posting on another site or even back to the horses mouth.* However, occasionally someone would mention something that they had experienced or use different wording which helped paint a broader picture and which helped me to believe I new what to expect when undertaking the repair. If I had looked on one forum only there would possibly have been a less informative result. It's my internet after all and I reserve the right to use it for selfish purposes occasionally. That is probably my premier reason for using up to nine forums on the net for similar or totally different reasons.... I possibly crack the same joke on more than one forum and don't mind if someone notices. Or if they adopt it themselves..it's probably not as original as I imagine anyhow.

* If this was someones intellectual property then that would be a problem but.....

I probably posted this for the entertainment of a third party more than to be enlightened myself... I probably don't even have a particular third party in mind.
I don't mean this as an attack on anyone or anything other than to say meh! What's up Doc? while munching my carrot........... :thumbsup:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 17:57 #17 

Trebor
steal with pride i call it !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 18:08 #18 

geesmith
I commented that i was going to start a repair task on this forum and in brackets I wrote (where's the crossed fingers smiley) then saw someone else used (where'sthe crossed fingers smiley) on the other forum later.........

......HEY!....flattered. :thumbsup:

Actually if I ever wanted to TROLL somewhere I may be tempted to put my location as 'under a bridge'..... :clap:

I'm just popping out to follow Trebors lead and spray the top half of my Royal Blue 75 a nice silver colour......AAAARGHHHH AVATAR!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 18:20 #19 

1gp
well DOCTOR, is that your professional diagonsis of this site ? you clearly have not been on many forums ..... you will find most cover the same info, and lots of members ,are members of three or so forums . Remember the mods that run this site worked dam hard on the other site for some time , and they will work twice as hard now ! go and check out some other forums , then come back with a second opinion. i think maybe you have jumped in a little premature :em: going to lie down now in a dark room ;)

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 18:30 #20