are you guys just a shadow of the club by the_doctor (Page 2 of 2)

geesmith
...please don't eat us for your supper...... :ugeek:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 18:42 #21 

Zeb
Eat us? Oh, that reminds me. Will you be signing up to come to the picnic Doctor? It should be a lovely day. :)

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 18:42 #22 

geesmith
Just something dad used to sing Zeb....

...I'm a troll foll de roll (x3~)
...and I'll eat you for you supper..

though back then I thought he might but now I feel certain I would hold my own.

I'd love to give it a try.. :stirer:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 18:47 #23 

Zeb
geesmith wrote:Just something dad used to sing Zeb....

...I'm a troll foll de roll (x3~)
...and I'll eat you for you supper..

though back then I thought he might but now I feel certain I would hold my own.

I'd love to give it a try.. :stirer:

Fighting with your dad! :shock: Or did you want to eat him? You must be from Rotherham... :lol:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 18:56 #24 

geesmith
Durr! not my dad.... a troll!

Dad was a boxer AND from Rotherham so fighting with him was compulsory :lol:

If we looked around the net we might find something that's a shadow of the club... can we guess what it might be yet? I personally wouldn't wish it. ENIGMA.. crunches carrot and chomps in a nonchalant and rythmical yet slightly irritating manner..

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 19:07 #25 

Last edited by geesmith on 04 Jul 2010, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

James.uk
Oh my gawd! :o A nightmare coming true! :shock: Glynn is beginning to sounds reasonably sensible!! :scared:

I need a long lie down... :bed:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 19:14 #26 

geesmith
It' alright James, I simply cribbed all the wordy stuff from another post. Like ya do.... :twisted:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 19:23 #27 

Duncan
I guess the games will get boring eventually. Especially if the only one biting gets nothing in return.....

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 19:30 #28 

geesmith
the_doctor wrote::? i came here first and you guys kindly pointed me in the direction of the club altho as of yet unregistered.
there a lot of hooha at the moment on the club
all credit to ya for setting this place up, its a decent look to it.

http://www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=996 posted on 3 june and the original thread on the club was started on
13th of june http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62522
: pointless

The News of the World type approach......

headline ....3RD OF JUNE COMES AFTER 13TH OF JUNE SHOCK HORROR....

I hope we can still be friends Doc... (munch munch) .... :cheers:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 19:44 #29 

Chartermark
I really hope that the good Doctor will join the other club I and others here belong to...it really needs people who will look closely and ask cogent questions and make 'outside of the box' suggestions. As you may have noticed such things are welcomed here - albeit with a pinch of salt right now you being so new 'n' all.. ;) ....comparatively speaking doing it on the other club site could, potentially be received there with an in-built paranoia or supposition as to your motives.......by SOME.....hopefully the more people who are prepared to do it the more the club 'leadership' will get used to it and come to welcome it as a 'good thing'. One should never waste good ideas after all.

Perhaps he's just popped back to Gallifrey to get his sonic screwdriver ...

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 22:10 #30 

PaulT
Back on subject, no I think the good doctor is right we should have some different subjects and, in fact drop anything to do with Rover 75s and MG ZTs, that will make us totally different to the other site.

How about:

Needlepoint
1000 different recipes using only potatos
Line dancing
etc

Just wondering whether the good doctor transformed in to Christopher or Pete and has now transformed back?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 08:23 #31 

kevin
PaulT wrote:Back on subject, no I think the good doctor is right we should have some different subjects and, in fact drop anything to do with Rover 75s and MG ZTs, that will make us totally different to the other site.

How about:

Needlepoint
Line dancing
etc

Ther is no way im line dancing on the top of my car or cooking the 100 potatos recipes on my engine, yes its a 1.8 and can get hot with lack of water. :panic:
as for needlepoint I like the leather seats as they are. :lol: :gmc:

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 13:52 #32 

Bermudan 75
Trebor wrote:steal with pride i call it !

Hi Rob,

As you work for HMRC, can I quote you on my next tax return? :D

Cheers mate, hope you had a good holiday in Wales and hope to see you soon.

Mike

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 14:01 #33 

Bermudan 75
PaulT wrote:Back on subject, no I think the good doctor is right we should have some different subjects and, in fact drop anything to do with Rover 75s and MG ZTs, that will make us totally different to the other site.

How about:

Needlepoint
Line dancing
etc

Just wondering whether the good doctor transformed in to Christopher or Pete and has now transformed back?

'Needlepoint'? now that is interesting, is needle point, part of needle work I wonder, or does it mean you have given someone the needle? A recent post on the dark side referred to a post about me referring to poor spelling by a mod. The same mod responded to an excellant post about things not being the same. The OP was well written and even handed in it's point of view. The mod responded in a derogatory manner which included large type and included a typing and/ or spelling error? So no things are not the same. I rest my case me lord. Oxford Dictionary definition of moderator: 'Presbyterian minister presiding over a church assembly'. Funny I thought our cars were assembled in a factory..... :D Or do certain people just like preaching to others ? :confused:

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 14:29 #34 

Trebor
Rover418275 wrote:
Trebor wrote:steal with pride i call it !

Hi Rob,

As you work for HMRC, can I quote you on my next tax return? :D

Cheers mate, hope you had a good holiday in Wales and hope to see you soon.

Mike

Hi Mike,

You can try putting that on your return if you wish, but unless you can make the jury laugh like Ken Dodd then expect to pay interest and penalties !

I used to have a quote in my desk from around the 13th century, cant remember who owned it but it went something like " The art of taxation is to pluck the goose and extract the maximum amount of feathers with the minimum of hissing ", still true today

Had a good time in Wales thanks and so much so that i am going back again next week
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 17:28 #35