Any Bodyshop / Panelbeaters here? by carlpenn

carlpenn
It has become apparent that I have bought a Car that has had a small ding to the rear quarter panel, just above the Bumper where the Taillight meets the Panel. It has then been Filled with Concrete :(

So, Hoping someone may be able to guide me on this. I haven't removed the Bumper as I am worried about it not going back on, but I have, due to other jobs removed all rear interior trim and can see the offending ding. Here is a Picture:

Not the best shot, but all I could manage.

I would guess that the Panel Edge's have been knocked out as well (cannot really tell from this picture)

It isn't as bad as I was told it would be by one Bodyshop, but it is bad enough lol
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 15 Dec 2012, 16:36 #1 

carlpenn
EDIT: Drunk Post.

Calmed me self down now. lol.
Upgrades:

Posted 15 Dec 2012, 23:25 #2 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Carl
Thats not that bad and to be honest that yellow mustard stuff is in all the cars so its not filler at least i dont think it is Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 16 Dec 2012, 15:53 #3 

Duncan
The yellow stuff is brush on body sealant, put on at the factory.

Is it a 75, I don't recognise the area.

Posted 16 Dec 2012, 16:05 #4 

carlpenn
Yes it is inside the rear quarter panel - You can see the lower Lug clip there for the Indicator Unit.

I cannot get a picture of the outer damage for two reasons - 1. The Bumper is sort of still on (another story lol) and 2. Its filled with Bodyfiller.

The problem I have is I am not sure how to go about this, repair wise. The Panel has split on the outerside and there is evidence of Rust. I cannot see how bad without removing the Filler, but if I remove the filler I have a nice big dent to look at whilst waiting to get it sorted so it is kind of swings and roundabouts right now.

Been to a few Bodyshops, but I got the typical and annoying sucking through the teeth thing and then no explanation as to how they would repair it, apart from one shop who wanted to cut the entire quarterpanel out and weld in a new one - For a lot of Money!!
Upgrades:

Posted 16 Dec 2012, 16:28 #5