Another tale... Dat's my boy. by raistlin

raistlin
I was sitting in remand Court yesterday, supporting a new Chairman who hadn't done the remand Court before and was understandably a little nervous.

One defendant, brought to Court in custody, was a member of the nobility and is one of the most obnoxious, arrogant, bombastic individuals I have ever met... even worse than me.

He was held in custody having been charged with drink driving... for the third time in as many years and therefore likely to be handed down a custodial sentence.

Obnoxious he may be but he can quickly pick up on the demeanour of others and it took him no time at all to decide that the Bench Chairman was somewhat timid. Unfortunately, he got the wrong message.

He rumbled to his feet and said "Do you know who I am? You can call me My lord. Do I make myself clear? I really don't know why I'm here..." etc. etc.

I thought... this is going to be trouble, but the Chairman, quick as a flash, said

"And you can call me SIR. Now sit down and shut up. Another word out of place from you and I'll bounce you back down to the cells a lot faster than you came up... Do I make MYSELF clear?"

The old gas-bag was completely deflated and sat down quickly.

Dat's my boy!" :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 09 Aug 2015, 14:29 #1 

humphshumphs
I bet you smiled :)
Richard

Posted 09 Aug 2015, 16:16 #2 

PaulT
The proceedings really do need to be televised.

Do you reckon that when he is in prison he will say to his new mates 'do you know who I am, please call me My Lord'
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 09 Aug 2015, 16:51 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Quality. :)

Posted 09 Aug 2015, 18:22 #4 

raistlin
PaulT wrote:Do you reckon that when he is in prison...

He is yet to be committed to prison Paul.

We remanded him on bail to attend Probation for a Pre-sentence Report and handed down an interim disqualification.
I have to say that we made his bail conditional on obeying the instructions of the Probation service, which didn't go down very well with him.

He will be sentenced in three weeks.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Aug 2015, 08:31 #5 

PaulT
Sorry Paul, should have added the 'if'.

Does he not know that the Victorian era has ended?

I can remember when I had to work we had a neighbour near one of our premises who is a TV actress. She would often phone me to complain about something at the premises and would always use her stage name - did not really help her because I did not like her acting. However, when she wanted something always used her real name.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 10 Aug 2015, 08:41 #6