Another one bites the dust by raistlin

raistlin
They are falling like flies :(

Bob Hoskins is dead. He was only 71. What the heck is going on? It seems as though every week one of my heroes is no more.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 May 2016, 08:32 #1 

Dave
Paul, not sure where you've recently seen this, and still sad nonetheless, as he was a great character, but he died two years ago, on 29th April 2014.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Hoskins

Posted 01 May 2016, 08:42 #2 

raistlin
Paul

Posted 01 May 2016, 11:29 #3 

raistlin
Hmm... maybe I do know what's going on...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/01/bob-hoskins-death-two-years-ago-sends-twitter-into-confusion/

Duh. SO pleased I wasn't the only one caught out :lol:
Paul

Posted 01 May 2016, 11:31 #4 

Dave
Easily done! I'd have thought the same except in this case, I was sure I'd already heard about him dying a few years back....

Posted 01 May 2016, 13:19 #5 

Bermudan 75
I saw this on another forum and thought this is old news. Just to add I thought he was good in Zulu Dawn, mind you I don't think he did anything that was forgettable.

Posted 02 May 2016, 09:25 #6 

Arctic
(Trader)
(Old adage we the human race should live 3 score and 10) maybe that is why we are seeing anyone born 1946 or before are moving on into their new life ?
( Hoskins was born in Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk, on 26 October 1942 to Robert )

New International Version
Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

New Living Translation
Seventy years are given to us! Some even live to eighty. But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we fly away.

English Standard Version
The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away.

New American Standard Bible
As for the days of our life, they contain seventy years, Or if due to strength, eighty years, Yet their pride is but labor and sorrow; For soon it is gone and we fly away.

King James Bible
The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Our lives last seventy years or, if we are strong, eighty years. Even the best of them are struggle and sorrow; indeed, they pass quickly and we fly away.

International Standard Version
We live for 70 years, or 80 years if we're healthy, yet even in the prime years there are troubles and sorrow. They pass by quickly and we fly away.

NET Bible
The days of our lives add up to seventy years, or eighty, if one is especially strong. But even one's best years are marred by trouble and oppression. Yes, they pass quickly and we fly away.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
The days of our years with them are 70 years, or being stronger, 80 years; most of them are toil and pains, because affliction comes upon us and we are buffeted.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Each of us lives for 70 years- or even 80 if we are in good health. But the best of them [bring] trouble and misery. Indeed, they are soon gone, and we fly away.

JPS Tanakh 1917
The days of our years are threescore years and ten, Or even by reason of strength fourscore years; Yet is their pride but travail and vanity; For it is speedily gone, and we fly away.

New American Standard 1977
As for the days of our life, they contain seventy years,
Or if due to strength, eighty years,
Yet their pride is but labor and sorrow;
For soon it is gone and we fly away
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 02 May 2016, 12:27 #7 

Borg Warner
Nice place is Bury St.Eds. The West Suffolk Hospital is, I can honestly say, a fantastic hospital.

We grew up with these stars from the 50s onwards as it was the era of entertainment and more people had the oppourtunity to became household names, we know them, the are in our livingrooms. But at least they remain with us.

Gary M.

Posted 02 May 2016, 20:19 #8